Opposites Attract | Shawn Mendes | Bad Boy AU

Summary: Shawn. He is your brother's friend, bad boy, long time crush and now, your new housemate. You've had it bad for him since you were a teenager, and he knows it too. There's just one little problem, he isn't your type. Or is he? Will Shawn prove to be more than the guy who picked fights and got in trouble or will he be the same guy you knew growing up? [bad boy] [fluff] [mild nsfw]

Word Count: 11k

The day you told your brother you needed a roommate because your old one moved in with her boyfriend, you were just intending to vent. Zack was halfway across the country going to college to be a lawyer, how was it he just happened to have someone to move in with you? It was the last thing you expected to hear from him, that he knows someone looking for a place, but you were desperate and rent was due soon.

The day Shawn shows up is one you won't be forgetting any time soon. It was six in the morning, you had just woken up and gotten out of bed. It was a nice morning, cool, so you had the windows open while you made breakfast. The sound of birds was beautiful as you sang along to the radio on the kitchen counter. Life was good. Until the sound of a very loud motorcycle interrupted everything.

Loud engines weren't anything new in your neighborhood. Most people had second hand cars and not all of them were the best. You live in a college town, beat up cars is the norm. But this was different because it was clearly a motorcycle and it was in your driveway causing a racket.

Before you could get to the front windows the sound stops. The engine shut off. You opened the door and that's when you saw him. Shawn. Standing by his bike unloading a huge duffle bag that's strapped to the back. When Zack said he had a friend coming to meet you about the roommate offer, you didn't expect him to bring his stuff. In fact you didn't remember Zack telling you which friend it was.

Shawn turned and smiled at you, a hand raised in greeting. Your heart stopped. Of all of Zack's friends, it had to be Shawn that needed a place to stay. Shawn, the guy who picked fights with everyone in school. Shawn, the one who stole a car with Zack when they were sixteen and drove it into your neighbor's pond. Shawn, the one who bought you your first shot when you turned nineteen and then knocked out your boyfriend for flirting with some girl at the club you were at. Granted the last one was well deserved and Gauge, your ex, was an asshole. But it just had to be him. The one person you have a history of feelings for.

You couldn't believe you were staring him down on your front porch after all this time. All six foot and three inches of muscle, tattoos, piercings, perfect wavy brown hair and a photo ready smile. He was a handsome, problematic son of a bitch and you were playing with fire the moment you let him into the house.

_____________________

One month. It's one month of living with Shawn before he asks if you have a boyfriend. You're in the bathroom, the door is open, and you're washing your face. It's just a normal Tuesday night and he just pops the question.

"So, you got a boyfriend?"

He's leaning against the door frame oh so casually, arms crossed in his black tank top that shows off his full sleeve of tattoos going up to his shoulder. He's huge, way bigger than you remember him being and you think it's definitely because he's bulked up. You couldn't imagine being on the receiving end of a punch from him when you were back in high school, you definitely couldn't imagine it now.

"Uh, no." You turn to look at him with your face scrub smeared across your face. "Why?"

"Just curious."

"Why?"

Shawn shrugs and you aren't buying it.

"You looking to knock someone out? Because that's what you did to my last boyfriend."