Healing Touch | Doctor Shawn AU

Summary: Starting a new job in a new town is hard, but meeting someone like Shawn is going to change all of that. You didn't move to Twin Pines looking for love, in fact, you thought you were pretty happy with your fiance. But things change in the blink of an eye, everything is not as it seems and you and Shawn will need each other heal. [fluff] [angst] [mentions of bad relationships] [doctor!shawn] [nurse!reader]

The bright early morning sun shines off the snow outside your bedroom window. The room is aglow with soft yellow and orange light as it fills the nearly empty room and it's white walls. You lay there, staring at the ceiling and feeling nervous, excited, eager to start the day. You had arrived in Twin Pines yesterday night, having flown into the nearest city of Southgate. From there you took an hour long cab ride through the darkest highway across the middle of nowhere in the snow to small town of Twin Pines. Today is the start of a new adventure, a new life with a new job.

You run your hand over your mess of hair and sigh softly. It was hard sleeping without your fiance, Ben. He was still back home, looking for a job in Southgate here before he made the move with you. It wasn't ideal, and frankly you didn't understand why he needed to wait. There was plenty of money for the two of you to live on while he job searched. But Ben was stubborn and insisted on staying behind until he was sure of employment. You look at your phone and there's no missed messages. Ben must still be asleep.

You get up and go through your morning routine, breakfast, bathroom, and a shower before getting dressed in your pink scrubs and putting your coat on to head out to go to work. It's your first day and you had seen the small clinic on the way into town last night. It wasn't far from your place and you're grateful because you won't have a car until it arrives with all your stuff with the moving service.

The bell over the clinic door jingles as you step in. The small lobby is clean, modern and warm. The cozy tones of the waiting chairs and decor combined with the soft smell of vanilla is incredibly inviting. You look around for a receptionist, or even another nurse since they often did double duty in small places like this. "Hello?" You call softly, peeking into a door on your left. It's so quiet you wonder if anyone is truly there.

"Hello!" A male voice cheers from down the hall behind the reception desk. A young man appears, about your age, maybe a year or two older, and as he gets closer you realize he is very attractive. Tall, dark wavy hair, brown eyes and a strong jawline with gorgeous defined features. He's dressed in fitted black slacks and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. You can't help but wonder why he's working in a doctors office and not on a runway or for a fashion magazine.

"Hi," you raise your hand and wave awkwardly. "I'm supposed to meet with Doctor Mendes? I'm the new nurse."

The man grins and comes around the desk to stand before you. He is so damn tall, like at least a foot taller than you. "You're looking at him. You can call me Shawn." He holds his hand out and you take it. It's strong and warm as he shakes it in yours.

"You're a lot younger than I imagined."

"Thank you." He laughs and runs a hand through his hair, fluffing it and making it look even more like he just walked off a photoshoot. "Let me show you the place."

An hour later and Shawn has given you the full tour of the small clinic. He showed you each room and where it's supplies were. He took you to the office and showed you the filing and his desk. He explained that he shares the clinic with an older man, Doctor James Hudson who's semi retired and works the weekends. Shawn gives you a run down on everything you needed to know. It seems nice and quiet. A complete change of pace from your last job.

______________________

"So, what made you want to move to the pines?" Shawn asks over lunch. He bought lunch from the diner down the street and brought it back for the two of you.