The doors reopened and we stepped out into a living room. "Yeah right, I would be calm too if I was kidnapped by a God, kept hostage on a different planet before finding out I was carrying a mass murderers baby before being sent back to Earth without anyone by my side." He scoffed.

I stopped walking, and glared at his back. I could feel the telltale signs of tears pricking my eyes, but the need to defend myself outweighed my small crying session. "I wasn't kidnapped, and whilst I was there against my will in the beginning I found happiness on Asgard. And stop talking about Loki like that, he didn't have any control over what he was doing!"

"Loki?" A red haired woman stood up from the sofa, brows pulled down. "How the hell does she know Loki?"

"She's the girlfriend." Tony muttered.

The woman stared at me, then shook her head. "Someone please tell me what the hell is going on before Rogers comes back and I have to tell him what on Earth is happening."

Tony turned back to look at me, his eyes softening into a look of sympathy. "This is Dahlia. Dahlia, this is Natasha Romanoff, and my girlfriend Pepper Potts." I tried to smile politely, though my mind was still racing. I recognised Natasha's name from the signed presents I had been given from the Avengers.

"You're the girl Thor accidentally took to Asgard?" Natasha tilted her head, as she must have remembered the gifts too. I nodded, clutching onto the bag strap that was sat on my shoulder. "How did you get here?"

I gulped, and Tony helped manoeuvre me into one of the armchairs. I offered him a grateful smile, before swallowing back the fresh wave of tears. "Asgard is under threat. I think the Frost Giants want to target Loki, and Odin said because I was carrying his child I had to leave."

"You're pregnant?" Pepper gasped, before moving forward to clutch my hand.

"I don't know!" I sobbed, balling my hands into fists before pressing my palms to my eyes. "I don't know what's happening anymore."

I felt a hand on my back, helping me to stand before I was ushered back towards the lifts. Pepper smiled at me, cradling me against her side as she pushed a door open to a small bedroom. "Wait here," she murmured, offering me a box of soft tissues before leaving the room.

She reappeared a few minutes later, holding three small blue boxes. I got the hint, and followed her into the en-suite bathroom. She slid the tests from the box, then looked expectantly at me. "Have you taken a test before?"

I shook my head, taking the instruction leaflet from her hand as she prepared the counter next to the sink. I knew the general gist of how to take the tests, but the small writing helped distract me for a few minutes.

"I'll wait outside," Pepper smiled again, soothing my racing heart as she stepped out the room. I wiggled out of my black training trousers, and sat on the cool toilet seat.

"You need a wee, come on." I urged myself, closing my eyes. "Rainstorms, thunder - no, not thunder." I forced the image of Loki and Thor out of my mind before sighing. "Waterfalls, lakes, cold water on a hot day."

I almost rolled my eyes back as I felt the sudden urge to wee, and I fumbled for the tests that were on the counter near my side. I shoved them between my legs, wiggling a little to try and aim.

I slid the caps back over the tests like the box told me to, and placed them on the folded sheets of toilet roll that sat next to the sink. Pepper, hearing the flushing toilet and the water from the taps, poked her head around the door. "Why don't you come and tell me about Loki?"

I followed her lead as she sat on the edge of the bed, and sighed quietly. "I don't know what he told you, about New York and everything. But it wasn't him. I mean, it was him who did it, but it wasn't him."

Babysitter to the God of Mischief | Loki ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें