An Overwhelming Party

********

********

We drove out into the forest for the second time today. "Where does Neo live anyway?"

He smirked, "He has an awesome house. You will love it. It's a huge house with bricks and black siding. He has his own private lake. You have to see it to believe it."

With awe palpable in my voice I remarked, "It sounds amazing."

"I didn't even tell you all of it. You need a map to get around that place. It's a good place to throw a party," he nodded in excitement.

I noticed his word choice, "It's just going to be us though, right? I won't walk into a huge, overwhelming party."

"No, it's just the seven of us. I wouldn't ambush you like that when I know about your anxiety. And I talked to Piper, she should be chilled out from your argument with her," he clarified.

I tapped my fingers on the dashboard, "Celia is still coming?"

He nodded, "Yeah, her and Piper made up apparently. She has a forgiving spirit. I mean, she still hangs out with me after what I did to her. She'll forgive you, I'm sure of it."

The loud music was made abundantly clear as we pulled up to the mini mansion. Banks was right about the house being something to marvel at. It is a stunning contemporary home with floor to ceiling windows all around and more balconies than one person could ever need. Every line was clean and straight.

I could hear the music bumping from my place in the car. "Wow," was all I could manage to say.

"Wait until I give you the full tour," he came over and opened the door for me.

Looking out, I noticed the string of randomly parked cars in the yard that looked like more than just a few people. "This is your idea of a small get together," I half-joked.

He cursed under his breath, "That dick! I'm sorry he promised me it would be just us."

A few stragglers were outside walking around and through the small slice in the door I saw an entire sea of people. Immediately, I tensed up and squeezed his arm. "We can always go somewhere else if it's too much."

Peaking up at his face that still had underlying anger, I said, "No, no, I can do this! Neo can't control who shows up to his house."

The concern in his eyes couldn't be faked, "If you ever feel anxious about anything hold onto me or write on me. Whatever you need."

With all smiles I said, "I'm ready! Let's go in!"

"He lives here by himself?" We walked up the ascending stairs.

"Piper stays with him most of the time. His parents come and visit every once in a while."  The inside could be described as open concept with a floating staircase right dead in the middle of the room.