This is a Reaffirmation

********

********

My room wasn't dirty in the first place, but it could be tidied up. I put my journal on my bookshelf along with other books I had lying around. I organized my nightstand and closet. Folded and put up all the clothes that may have been on the ground. I made up my bed and dusted off the sheets.

Then, I finished it all off with vacuuming the carpet, not just in my room, but the hallway too.

All in all, it took me a little over an hour, but it would be well worth it to go to this hangout session tonight. I sat on my daybed and wrote in my journal about what I was hoping would come out of tonight.

I must make up with Celia and Piper. They were there for me before Banks and I kind of traded them in for him. There is something about him that makes me feel like he means everything he says. He could tell me a rock was gold, and I would second guess myself.

My brother thinks that he just wants to use me, but I'm choosing to believe Banks when he says that it's false. He makes my heart flutter and my body quiver. Still, Jay was in the back of my mind my a lingering emotion. It wasn't long ago that he made me feel that way, but those days feel like a distant memory.

When I see him, I see the hurt he brought me. Hearing him ask me if things would be different if he dumped her at the beginning of the week put things I perspective for me.

Which one would I prefer? If they broke up at the beginning of the week and he told me all the things he did then, we would be together now. But would I have Banks? I never would have sat with him if I wasn't avoiding Jay.

No matter what I am glad I met him. He has an amazing soul and its different to have someone be so honest with me. He knows what he did, who he is, and he isn't afraid to talk about them. I can't think about that though. These are the choices we made, and these are the results.

Living in what-ifs isn't healthy for anyone. Especially if an entire relationship is the what if you are questioning if you could bear without.

The sound of my phone ringing tore me out of my writing. I closed my journal and checked my phone. I had a vacant stare as I saw the caller identification. It was my dad. Without thinking, I accepted the call. I unplugged the phone and ran downstairs.

"Dennis," I blurted out. He lifted his head up as I ran in his direction. I plopped down on the couch beside him.

"Who is it," he drowsily said.

"Dad," I mouthed as I put the phone on speaker.

"Sunshine, are you there?" Dennis snatched the phone from me.

"This is Dennis," he gritted his teeth and balled up his hands like he could fight him through the phone.

The line stilled, "Son, it is so great to hear your voice."