"Breakfast is served," I hollered loud enough so Denny could hear me upstairs.

"It smells divine," my mom said as she sat at the table.

"We are going to have enough for two weeks," Denny stated.

"I see you moved from talking to texting with your new best friend," I taunted.

"What are we drinking with it?" He deflected and I discerned that I forgot to make the smoothies.

"I will go pour glasses of milk for everyone since I am treating to your breakfast." I had trouble bringing the three glasses in the dining area at one time, but I managed.

"A drink for you, you, and me," I said as I placed the glasses in front of everyone.

"Thank you Daya, this is really sweet," my mom gushed at my new change in attitude.

"She's an angel," Dennis ridiculed. Everyone had one of each on the plate and fruits beside it. The extra muffins were sat in the middle of the table in a big wicker basket.

"Perhaps, you can take some to your dad," mom said quietly.

I brushed by the topic, "He is a bit of a way out, but if he comes by, I will be sure to."

"What do you have planned to do today? I'm guessing it's not staying home with your old mom," she looked down at her hands that were laid in her lap.

Denny and I exchanged a quick look, "All three of us could go somewhere. I don't think you have been passed the garden or anywhere in a while," Denny stated.

"It would be nice to spend quality time my two favorite people in the world. Where would you like to go?" Dennis and I both looked at her with confused eyes and then at each other.

Neither Denny nor I said anything. "Well, we can decide later." I gulped, "I guess I don't know what you like to do anymore. Is there anything you have wanted to do?"

"Nothing in particular. I've been thinking about going back to work at the hospital. Would the two of you be okay with that?" It took me back that she would think that we would ever have a problem with that.

I nodded, "That would be great for you. You need to get out of the house more."

Denny added, "Do you think you're ready for that? I mean, it would be great but," he drifted off.

She contiued where he left off. "It will take some warming up to, but I loved being a nurse and now that you are older you don't need me around as much."

I sighed, "We will always need you, no matter how old we get." Denny nodded in agreement. "Plus, it wasn't just taking care of us that was keeping you from work," I mumbled.

She replied by saying, "We should keep the atmosphere joyful. It's been a good morning so far and we should keep it that way."

After breakfast, I headed back upstairs and into my room. I sat on the side of my bed closest to my phone that was left on the charger. I had a missed call from Banks and a good morning text. It could be deemed weird for him to be calling when it feels like he was just here fewer than thirty minutes ago.

First, I sent a text message to Jay. He is going through something intense right now, and the least I could do was text him, 'Good morning. How are you feeling?' Then, I called Banks, "Merry morning, Banksy," I said as soon as the phone stopped ringing.

"It's not Christmas yet," he sounded like he was moving around. "What are you up to this early in the morning?"

"I took my little brothers to the park, so they could start their careers as pirates before I go to work," he laughed.