-Chapter 30-

HERE'S THE NEXT UPDATE! DN IS COMING TO AN END. MAYBE THREE OR FOUR MORE CHAPTERS?! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. THIS HAS TAKEN ALMOST A YEAR TO WRITE. AND TO SEE IT COME TO AN END IS BITTERSWEET.

****DEAR NATE IS ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS!!! PLEASE VOTE!!!!******

TO VOTE YOU HAVE TO SHARE THE STORY ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER WITH THE HASHTAG #WATTYS2014

IF YOU CAST YOUR VOTE, AT LEAST ON TWITTER, TAG ME AT @DanaMay1424 AND I'LL PERONALLY THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS AND SUPPORT ME.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-DANA

_____________________________

NOT EDITED

_____________________________

A week goes by before I hear word about Alison. I'm hanging out with Josh at the movies when he brings her up. "She finished her assignments," he says. "She's also coming home from the hospital tomorrow."

Even though I've been bitter toward the whole Alison topic recently, it's nice to hear she's doing better. "I'm glad to hear that," I say before looking at the movie screen. Some poorly made company advertisement is playing.

"We're having a little welcome home party. You should come."

I shake my head. "I doubt Alison will want me there."

Josh sighs. "What she did was not right, but you have to understand where she's coming from Nate. Alison is so insecure and she doesn't want to get her hopes up just to have the smushed. If you really like her then be there for her. Show her you really do care." He's silent for a moment to let the words he has just said to sink into my stubborn head. "After you drunk called her-it really got her sad," Josh says quietly.

Way to guilt trip me Josh, I think.

"If I go and Alison doesn't want me there I'll punch you," I warn him.

Josh smiles and says, "Don't worry. Everything will be okay."

________

"Ring the damn doorbell," Scott says, pushing me into the door.

"Hey," I snap turning around and pushing him away from me.

Suddenly the door opens and Josh is standing there. "Hey guys," he says, standing aside so we can come in. "Alison should be here in five minutes. Help yourself to a drink or snacks."

"Thank you," I say once we're outside.

Alison's whole family is here: grandmas, grandpas, cousins, aunts, and uncles. This is more intimidating then I thought.

Josh leads us over to a table where Olivia is sitting taking with one of the little kids. "Owen was just informing me on your Lego collection," Olivia says, smiling up at Josh.

He glares at Owen. "Thanks dude," he deadpans before pulling him away from Olivia. "How about you go play?"

"But Olivia is so pretty," Owen says, waving at Olivia.

Scott and I watch in amusement as we take a seat at the table.

"She's mine bub," Josh says, smiling in triumph. "Now go play."

Owen huffs before walking off.

"He's just a kid Josh," Olivia says as Josh sits beside her, taking her hand in his. "Don't take it too seriously."