-Chapter 17-

Hey guys!

PLEASE READ vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Updates will be coming faster, hopefully, since i will be entering this in the Young Writers Prize! So PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! This opportunity can get Dear Nate published if i win! I will soon be posting edited version of chapters also once i get them edited.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-DANA

_____________________________

NOT EDITED

______________________________

I’m happy I went on this trip with the guys. Even though after Scott punched Pat it was a little awkward, but this morning Pat apologized and everything is back to normal. After Pat mended things with Scott we grabbed lunch at a diner in town, which is where we ran into the girl and her boyfriend. Pat hardly remembers why he picked a fight, since apparently she didn’t want anything to do with him. So when they passed our table to leave, the boyfriend gave Pat such an intimidating glare I’m surprised Pat didn’t piss his pants.

            We’re almost to my house when I snap back to the present. Scott already dropped off Patrick and Mitch. I’m getting my bags ready when I notice Scott pass my house. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, sitting up to look at him. “Where are you going? I know you know my house is back that way,” I say, pointing my thumb behind us.

            “I want to visit Alison with you today.”

            I look at him in shock. Is he serious or is he just pulling my leg? “W-What?”

            Scott turns to look at me before switching his eyes to the road once again. “I want to visit Alison with you today.”

            “Why?”

            He shrugs. “She means a lot to you. I want to go with you to support you.”

            I smile softly, looking down at my lap. “Thanks Scott. That means a lot.”

            “You’re my best friend,” he begins to say. “I’ll always be here for you man. Whenever, wherever.”

            I put my hand on his shoulder and squeeze. “Awe, you’re so sweet.” 

            Scott rolls his eyes.

__________

            When we arrive at the hospital I can see Scott tense before the doors. “You don’t have to come with me. It’s okay,” I say, sliding my hands in my jean pockets. “I’ll understand if you don’t. It’ll be awkward for me too if the roles were reversed.”