-Chapter 18-

Hoping to be updating this fast now. I'm going to start editing the chapters also.

PLEASE comment and vote! I'll be entering this in the Young Authors Prize and it'll mean the world if i got more votes and comments! Thank you!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

-Dana

_______________________________

NOT EDITED

________________________________

Prom was this weekend and I decided not to go. All my friends had dates and I didn’t want the girls, mostly Serena, to dance with me if they didn’t have a date. I’m not going to do anything that might ruin my chances with Alison any more than I already had. As the days pass, I find myself looking at my phone for Josh’s call. She should be waking up any day and it seems like she’s taking her time.

            Graduation is already a week away. One more week before high school officially ends. I can’t believe it. It’s scary and yet, it’s exciting. I already know I’ll have to move in a week before the other freshman for summer training, even though the season starts in the spring. I’ll miss playing with my friends though.

            “Hey Nate,” Josh says, coming up to me at my locker.

School is out for today, which now means I have only six days of high school left, counting the weekend.

            “Hey, what’s up?” I ask, closing my locker and leaning against it.

            “Fine I guess. How’s it going with your dad home and everything?”

            “It’s going good,” I respond. “It’s nice having him home. Having family dinners for the first time in a while it nice and Mom even tries to have family game nights. It’s nice seeing my mom so happy.”

            “I’m happy for you,” he says. “So, I wanted to ask for your help with something.”

            “Anything.”

            “Well, my parents are taking the good news about Alison into an extreme. They want to have a get together, like a small party, to welcome her home once she wakes up. The thing is we don’t know when she’ll wake up. So when she does she’ll have to spend a few days in the hospital. That’s when we’ll invite people and set a date. Is it okay you help with that?”

            “Sure. I’ll do anything for you guys. I just hope this doesn’t make Alison overwhelmed. Do you think me being there will be awkward?”