-Chapter 19-

Qucik update! Can I get more votes for updating quickly?

As i said in the last few chapters, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! I'm entering this in the Young Writer's Prize and need more reads, votes, and commentes. Every one counts! Also, please share this with your friends!?

Cover on side made by the amazing fan who's dedicated.

Thank you guys!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE!

-DANA

______________________________

NOT EDITED

______________________________

Graduation is only two hours away. Today was my last day of high school. Teachers talked about what we will expect in college and wished us luck. Coach found me in the hall and hugged me, telling me he’s glad I’m continuing on playing baseball. The guys and I ate lunch together one last time in the cafeteria. Serena tried to talk to me about coming over to her party tonight, but I refused. I’d rather spend time with my family.

            I take a shower before coming down for a quick dinner. Mom took today off work so she’ll be home early to eat dinner. She made sure I didn’t put on my dress shirt and pants until after dinner since we are having spaghetti.

            “I feel old,” Mom says at dinner. “My baby boy is graduating high school today! The years went by so fast.”

            Dad takes one of my mom’s hands. “It’s okay. We’re growing old together.”

            I roll my eyes. “You guys aren’t old.”

            We eat our dinner quickly so I can go change into a nice dress shirt and black dress pants. Mom helps me fasten my tie around my neck once I’m dressed. I get my cap and gown from my closet before we go in the front to take pictures. Mom made us take pictures without my cap and gown first, then allows me to put it on so she can take more pictures. Mom then asks the neighbors next take a few photos of us three together. After all the pictures are taken, my face feels like jelly.

            “Mom we have to go,” I say as she’s looking at photos on the camera.

            She looks up from camera before nodding. “Yes! Right!”

            Mom runs in the house, probably to grab her purse, before coming back outside, her purse hooks on one arm and the camera around her neck. Dad’s already waiting by the car as he talks with the neighbors. I sigh before walking to the backseat and pulling the handle once so my dad knows to unlock the door. He does so, saying goodbye to the neighbors as Mom rounds the front of the car and gets inside.

            We ride to the school with the radio playing softly. Dad and Mom ask me questions about if I’m nervous and to tell me where to meet them after the ceremony is over to take more pictures with the guys.