-Chapter 25-

Sorry for the lack of updates. I didnt enter the Young Writers Prize. I didnt want to force myself to finish this book fast so it comes out like crap. So i took a step back and focused on where i want this story to go. I'm not certain how many more chapters this will have yet, but I'm happy this will be ending soon.

Thank you for getting me over 100k reads! How about over 5k votes now??

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE

-DANA

_______________________

NOT EDITED

_______________________

Two weeks later I visit Alison again, however today she’s in a bad mood. I haven’t seen her this bad the whole time I’ve been vising her. From outside the door, I can hear her yelling at Josh. I tentatively walk through the doorway. Josh looks at me.

            “Alison, Nate’s here,” he says.

            Her yelling stops. I step forward slowly and wave hesitantly at Alison. “Hi. Is everything alright?”

            She’s sitting in the bed with a laptop in front of her. “No, I don’t know if I’ll be able to attend school in the fall! I have so much work and I can’t seem to focus!” She groans, leaning her head back and resting on the pillow. “I’m just exhausted.”

            I turn to Josh. “You can go home if you want. I can help her.”

            Josh nods before standing up. “I’m going to go. Olivia wants to hang out today, but if you need anything Alison just text or call me.”

            “I will,” she grunts, still watching the ceiling.

            Once Josh is out of the room, I pull a chair to sit beside her. “So, what are you working on now?”

            She sighs deeply, sitting up slowly. Alison folds her arms across her chest. “Some stupid math problems. The teacher didn’t even give me helpful notes.”

            I turn the laptop so I have a better look at the problems. “Lucky for you I’m quite the math whiz.”

            “Really?” she asks, sounding more hopeful then when I first walked in.

            I nod, smirking at her. For the next hour, I help explain the math problems and also help by helping her get the answer. When Alison hits the button to enter the last answer, which she gets correct, she lets out a sigh of relief. She gives me a look of admiration before we start with some English homework and an essay. Alison is working hard, maybe too hard. I didn’t tell her to slow down though. She’s determined and I respect that. By the time we finish the essay it’s dinner time. In this past week Alison has been doing well with physical therapy. She can walk a few yards before tiring out.