Bath and bubbles

"Auch!" you whined, as Herrah and Hornet pulled another thorn out of your fingers. Those thistles made sure to leave you a painful reminder of their struggle.

"Oh! Shut up, already! Who told you to pull weeds without gloves on? Huh?!" the queen asked and pulled another spine.

You muttered an apology and looked out the window at the orange skies. Sunset was so beautiful now. Maybe you could sleep outside that night. It would have been nice. Ah! Wait. You had nothing to sleep on and garpedes didn't care much about who they were eating. Ugh! You had to give up on the idea, returning to reality just as Ogrim stepped into the room and came straight to you.

"Oh! My lady, you smell wonderful! Not like my own scent, but it's lovely nonetheless." he said and bowed to you.

He was a very kind bug, but his comment made you gave him odd looks and quickly sniff yourself. Oh! Dear Lord! You reeked to high heavens! Ok! Time to have a bath!

As soon as Herrah and Hornet were done taking out the thorns out of your hands, you thanked them and ran straight to the shower in your bathroom, making sure to scrub every place as vigorously as you could. Feeling clean and fresh, water dripping off your hair, you plugged in the hair dryer ready to welcome the warm air. You pressed the on button, but nothing happened. You pressed it again but, again nothing, no annoying, loud noise, no gush of hot air. You sighed. Well, back to the towel method. With your hair pinned in a turban, you headed towards the salon, stomach demanding food. When you were at the staircase, you heard Ze'mer call out to you, to the second floor's bathroom. You went there, wondering what she could need.

In there, you found White Lady and the knights, including Ogrim surrounded by large flat bowl filled with warm water and the children splashing each other. Pure was deep neck buried in their siblings, as they wanted to climb on their horns and jump into the water. White Lady was having a hard time trying to get them off. Still, they were so cute and adorable! You kneeled by them and gently caressed their heads as they grabbed your fingers and threw water at you. You chuckled and looked at the queen, ready to ask her what she needed help with when you heard a squeak and felt something rush past your ear and get into the collar of your shirt. You looked down to a shivering and whining Grimmchild together with a dirty Ghost, trying to hide under the cotton fabric.

"What is..." you were ready to ask when the answer came in the form of a red cloud of smoke on your shoulder.

"Here you were! Come now children! You need to ba..." Grimm's phrase was interrupted by a fire ball to his face.

He frowned and wiped of the mark of ash and caught the children in his arms, ignoring his son's biting his arm. Ghost didn't put up too much of a fight, resigned to their fate.

"Do you need any help, Grimm?" you asked him.

He turned to you surprised. He didn't seem to have noticed your presence until then.

"Ah (Y/N)! No, it's ok. It's not the first time my son is like this. I'm already used to it." he smiled and dropped the little ones in a bowl, where other children were already finishing their bath.

"Ok. Anyone need any help?" you asked around.

Some children raised their hands and you began to gently rub their heads with small bits of soap. As you were helping them wash, you remembered something in your room. You excused yourself and got out of the bathroom, returning a few minutes later with a tube of soap bubbles.

"What is that, (Y/N)?" Dryya asked, avoiding a fire ball from a mischievous Grimmchild that was set on making everyone as miserable as he was.

"It's a soap bubble tube. I hope it still works." you shook the tube and uncapped it, taking the small wand and blowing into the circle at its end.

Soap bubbles appeared and flew around the room, much to the amusement of the little ones. Even the Grimmchild stopped his relentless attacks, mesmerized by the floating balls. You blew more bubbles as they popped, making the children jump in happiness. Everyone was enjoying the show, and as you were looking at each of them, you noticed Pure sleeping in their bowl, not even their siblings managing to disturb them.

Ever since you moved in, you've only seen them spend every day training, for long periods of time too. You caught the attention of their mother and gestured to them. She sighed and gently woke them up, asking Isma to help them get dressed after which you took them to the bedroom, carefully placing them in the cat bed. It was their turn after all. They quickly fell back asleep. You opened the Spotify app on your phone and played "Pure Imagination" by Flannel Graph, their favorite song, before returning to the bathroom to resume playing with the other children.