Chapter 28: Endless Cycle

It was stressful, too much thoughts in my head. Just give me one to focus on, one at a time. I wish it was so easy. Life wasn't easy for me at all. 

Why was it that once peace came, chaos comes after? 

I'm tired of this endless cycle. 

I blink staring sideways next to Pietro's grave. I was lying on the grass next to him, trying to get myself to believe that he was still here. I needed someone to spill my feelings on and he was always there, it became a habit then. 

The team was falling apart, because of my mistake, because of the tragedy I had afflicted against other's. I was glad to have Vision on my side, however it felt like I had gained more than his friendship. 

Dipping into his inner thoughts, I could tell he still held this feeling that I had rejected.

Which now I began to regret. 

I sat up so that I had a view of his tombstone, his name carved into the stone material. But surely, the android could sense what I had felt. Vision did tell me that he had the ability to look through people's heads.

I curled up, hugging my knees to my chest. The thought of him doing it felt invasive, abnormal. But then again that must've been how others felt when I had done the same to them.

I shrugged the feeling off, not wanting to think more of the matter. I stood up, saying my goodbyes to Pietro when suddenly a rock appeared, causing my silly self to trip over it.

My ankle gave out, making my body hit the grassy ground, "Fuck!!"

I groan, a little relieved that Steve wasn't here to call out my bad language. My hand reached my leg, which must've earned a bruise from my falling, the skin blossoming a bad black color.

Ouch.

"Wanda!!" A figure loomed over me, a shadow covering me from the sun. I looked over to see it was Vis, who crouched down with a worried expression on his face. "What happened?"

"I just tripped.... Stupid rock..." I said, staring the little rock down, using my hex to throw it into oblivion. How dare it embarrass me?

Vision chuckled. I looked at him, my cheeks running red from his joyful face. "Anyways how did you find me so quick?" turning away so he couldn't see my burning face.

He examines my foot, not looking up as well. His soft hands lifting my ankle gently. "We have a bond Wanda, you and I." the words making me almost sputter out. "Our powers come from the mindstone, so our minds are connected."

I sighed, calming down my heartbeat. Right, I forgot about that. "I felt you, you were in pain. His fingers press gently on the spot where the light bruise was found.

I sucked the air between my teeth, letting out a hissing sound from the pain. "Does it hurt?" he asks, immediately retracting his touch.

I offer him my best smile, while clenching my teeth together from the pain. "I'm fine...I'll just-"

Before I could say anything else, his arms wrap around my back to my legs, lifting me up before I could even protest. "It'll be faster this way." he says blankly.

I blinked in surprise, not knowing what else to say except squeaking out, "O-Okay." He flies from Pietro's grave into my room.

Vision walks to the door- he was going to walk through it- before I could say anything, about the fact that we were going to slam into it. We both phase through the door. My heart stopping, did that just happened? Was I still alive?

He walks over to my bed, caressing me as if I was a little baby. Laying me over the soft plush mattress, over my blankets, my head leaning against my pillows. Before I could say a quick 'thanks' he says, "Wait here." after smoothing the blankets for me.

I blinked in confusion, what the hell is happening? Vision comes back with a pack of ice and a wet towel. ""Lean back..." he says patting the pillows, pushing my shoulders back.

I shake from his touch, sitting up from my bed. Vis sits on the side of my bed, putting my leg on top of his thigh. He takes the wet towel and starts to brush gently against the bruise, making sure to clean the skin, his touch soothing me. 

I was in a trance from his movements. "It's not such a big deal, Vis." 

"Says the one who cursed out so loud." he says teasing me before placing the towel down and putting the pack on. 

My face flushes, I did not think he would've heard that. "How did you find me so fast... You said that you could've detect that I was in danger but not where I was." 

Vision stops from what he was doing, "I... was just keeping an eye on you..." Before I could ask why, he only smiles taking my hand making me forget what I was talking about. 

He places it over the ice pack, "Just rest.... you'll feel better then." Before turning to leave. 

The words of his made me felt at peace once again. 

But as peace came, chaos comes after it.