Chapter 17: Love

I heard the chatter start to rise again, as if something new had taken a hold in the party.

"My look at how tall he is..."
"What a handsome young man..."
"Who is he?"

Eyes wandered to a figure walking through the crowd. But I couldn't see who it was since the towering heights of the guests blocked my vision.

All I could hear was the tapping noise of the steps of that one guest, making his way towards me. I was looking down at the ground, so I could see his steps coming closer to me.

"Excuse me, Miss. Maximoff." A familiar voice says to me.

Vision, that voice was unlike anyother. I was about to call out his name only to find myself stare back onto a very tall.... handsome.. man.

"You're.... not Vision.." I said stuttering over my words. Is it possible for someone's to shine that bright?

"Not exactly..." The man in the suit smiled mischievously. I raised my eyebrow in confused. What does blue eyes with blond hair want with me?

"Will you give me the honor of having your first dance in this gala?" He says putting a hand out towards me.

I take a step back, "W-Wait WHAT!?" Everyone else is as stunned as me. The most handsome guest picking up some witch at the corner of the room? "You know I'm Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet witch?"

"Yes." He chirped.

"The women who literally killed 100 robots at the sametime?" I asked

"Yes, quite brave if I may I add." He chuckles, smiling in fact.

I stared at him blankly, "Is there something wrong with you? Like have you ever went to a therapist for your interest in women?"

Nat smacks over the head, probably because of my stupid questions. She laughs, "What she meant to say was, she would love to~" The Widow smiles.

I rub my head, trying to feel if she left a bruise. "I would?"

"YES!" She whispers back sharply, pushing me forward to the gentlemen.

He takes both my hands and steadies me from the sudden push. The man laughs, from my clumsiness. I don't know what to say from his golden laughter, it's so familiar.

Too distracted from the angel like laugh, the only thing that comes out of my mouth is. "I c-can't dance!!"

The man chuckles, "It's alright, I'm quite new to this as well." He puts a hand on my waist and the other caressed around my fingers.

I slid my hand on his shoulder, feeling a bit uneasy. He took a step forward and I took one back, trying to replicate his movements.

Back front right left, then left again? No right, no his right!! My foot steps lightly onto his black dress shoes. I cringe a bit, but he doesn't mind, even chuckles a bit.

I stare down on the ground trying to not meet the unusual or jealous stares of the guests. I can feel their eyes stabbing me in the back.

Ughhhhh, this is so awkward, why did Nat force me to dance with this guy. Of course this would happen, the rest of these people want to dance with Mr. Tall, handsome and golden.

I look up at the mysterious stranger I was dancing with, his eyes were already rested on me. I stop dancing, ending in a step.

The man tilts his head curiously, wondering why I stopped. He looked a bit hurt when I slipped my hand out of his. "I-I uh... think we should stop." I touch my arm that felt bare from the dress.

I felt everyone's eyes one me, whispering the dark and little rumors about me which I knew nothing of. Couldn't he feel their glares, this dark aura around me?

"Wanda..." he reaches for my hand, it makes me surprised because many wouldn't reach out to me.

"Exscuse me.." A women interupts us, pushing me a little to the side. My arm grazing her bosom as she pushes me to the side.

Wow, how big are tho- "Would you like to dance, sir." Doing a little curtsy, her dress so short, it was like showing off the color of her underwear.

I sighed, backing away as other women swarmed around him. Edging away the dance floor and out of the gala.

I just want to go away. Away from the Avengers and into the arms of my brother back at Sokovia.

I hold myself by the elbows, I could never go back there.

I thought about the man back at the gala. Who was he? A stuck up stranger, like the other guy that called me a monster. But why would he ask me to dance. His voice was so familair..

"Wanda!!" I turned around to see the blue eyes stranger. I scold at him, "Go away!!" I yelled walking on my heels down the hallway.

The man takes my arm, "Please don't go.." and something flickers in his face. Like a glitch on a hologram. His image flickers as he talks.

I look at him carefully, "Vision?"

The man stops, but smiles as if he was relived. "I thought you would find it was me sooner or later." The hologram disappears revealing the red skinned andriod in a sweater.

He laughs, "It's quite funny how I found this out actually, I didn't even know I could do something like this.. would you like to kno-"

Before he could finish, I wrap my arms around him. Pulling him into a hug. "Thank god it was you..." I sighed, my face rubbing his black sweater. "I thought you were a stranger that was following me around."

I look up seeing that Vision was silent for a while. "Is it the disguise? The traits I chose were searched by how well it appealed to humans."

I burst into laughter, letting him go. "I don't care about how you look, you just startled me, you didn't even mention who you were and asked me to dance." I stare at his confused face. "All I'm saying is I like you as you. The red Andriod curious and naive about everything."

Vision smiles softly,
"Wanda I like you as well.."

I freeze up, "What?" I laugh nervously. I sighed, he's probably talking about liking me as a friend, how innocent. "Vis, we have to talk about how you talk to people."

"So are you saying that I should've said 'I love you'" he replies.
"NO! You can't just go up to people and say you love them!" I say.

Vision looks at me. "But I'm only saying that to you..." His voice so innocent can somehow send a shock through my body.

I take a step back in disbelief, the only thing I could say is "What..."