Chapter 8: Room

The funeral was the day after the attack. They buried Pietro next to the Avenger's HQ calling him a 'hero.' However, it didn't feel right to be buried in a place that you haven't even been in. If he were to die, I would've wanted him to be buried with the fallen city of Sokovia.

But I couldn't complain, the fact that they paid for all the funeral services was a blessing.

All of the Avengers were there, to mourn for someone they knew so little of, yet cry for someone that had saved them the most.

Clint was the one who felt the most shame. He didn't say it, but I could constantly hear it everytime I slipped his mind. Regret was played like a repeating melody. I couldn't blame him, he didn't want to be saved, my brother didn't have to save him. It was my brother's choice after all. So I respected it, but I didn't support it.

After everyone left, the only people left was me and Clint. He approached me with tears falling down, then put a hand on my shoulder. "I am... so sorry.."

Then he left,

Leaving me, all alone. Again, who can I count on now? Who would help me when things get tough? Who would pull me through my messes!?

Crack!! BOOM!!

The crackling of thunder whipped the sky as rain hit the floor. The gravestone was getting wet, making the soil of his burial moist. Seeping into his casket.

Natasha was the one to pick me up. She was carrying a black umbrella, waiting for me. When I came out, my clothes were drenched wet from the rain. She probably couldn't tell if I was crying or not, because the rain hid them from their sight.

"Done?" Nat asks, but in a gentle tone.

Tears were still stuck in my throat, so I nod instead. I turn around to see my brother once again. The lightning crackles in response.

When we walked to HQ Natasha ordered me to take a shower and change into her clothes, since I had none with me. Once I was done, I settled in while Nat dried my hair.

There was silence at first, but the assassin thought it was her time to speak. "I know what it feels like, to lose someone...."

I don't answer, and just stare at the leather part of the couch. Why was she talking about this?

"It'll get better, I promise..."
"Will it?" I snapped.

I never meant to reply that way, but it made my blood boil when she talked like she knew my pain. "I'm... sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." She replies brushing my black hair with a comb. "I shouldn't have brought it up."

Tears stung my eyes, thank god she was behind me and couldn't see my face. "Did I worry everyone?"

Natasha snorted
"Cap said you needed some space to breathe. Once lightning started to come he got worried. However..."

I wipe my eyes
"However?"

Nat smiled "Tony's little android, was there before me. In fact, I think he was there the whole time...." she chuckles under her breath

My eyebrows knit together.
"That's creepy."

"it's kind of cute.."
"Its creepy.."

Nat laughs,
"Says the one, with his cape." She responds.

I hesitated then turned around. "How did you-" the time from the SHIELD jet, was she there?"

"When you came back, he put his golden cape around you. That shine can catch any eye.." she says winking at me "I put in your room if you'd like to have it."

I frowned
"My room?"

Natasha stood up,
"Steve says you should stay tonight, unless you have anywhere else you'd like to stay..."

The only place I could call home was now crushed and covered with destruction of its own. Avenger's HQ seemed to beat it's condition.

I shake my head, "Don't I have to be member of the team to stay."

Nat nods "Yes, which is something we will discuss tomorrow. But for now you must be really tired from.. Well all this,"

I sighed, something uncomfortable wedged my throat. "I guess..."

Natasha pats my shoulder
"Get some rest," she smiles then walks away with her stuff.

I went to my room which was the white door labelled 'Wanda' on the front. My own actual room, the only room I had to myself was the experimenting room, it was more of jail cell to be honest.

Everyone must be asleep, I pushed the door open and went in, turning on the lights. My breathe was takened away. The room had a bookshelf, a TV, a desk and an actual bed!

I collapse onto the bed, it's so comfy! Or maybe it was just me being tired. I hug my pillow tighter, I wish I could experience this with Pietro. He always wanted a big place for the two of us....

Even with the comfy room, that night I didn't get a wink of sleep.