Chapter 14: The Dress

Another dream.
Or should I say another nightmare?

It seemed normal at first. Walking down the cemented streets of Sokovia, the wind blowing against my face making my brown hair fly through it. I brush it off, gripping my arms, the wind growing fierce.

Was it getting colder? I shiver wrapping myself tighter with my jacket.

I walked faster, my heels clicking the cemented ground. Or at least, what it use to be.

To my horror I was stepping on flesh, human skin. Standing on a pile of dead bodies with blood wounds through out their body. Victims of Ultron's destruction, Sokovia citizens.

And on top of them all was my brother, who's eyes shot open to stare into mine. "Why did you leave me?" A haunting voice came out of Pietro's mouth.

I shook my head, "I didn't have a choice."

"Working for Stark, the one's who killed our parents." He says. "It would been better if you died with me."

"I-" stuttering over my words. "I want to be with you!" I yelled.

"Then stay.." he grabs me by the ankle, knocking me off my feet. "Stay with me!" While the other bodies pull me down with them. The arms of dead Sokovians strapping me and dragging me down.

The last thing I saw was Pietro pale face, "Live with me, die with me, stay with me. For Eternity, Let's be a happy family.."

I woke up, covered in sweat. Sitting up from my bed, sweat beading from my head. I was out of breath from the rush of adrenaline. I tried to call myself down, but it was hard when my heart wouldn't stop beating.

"A party?"
I said as Nat nods, "It's to welcome the new version of the Avengers, you Rhodey and Vision are all new. Clint' s retiring, Hulk's nowhere to be found and Thor is up in Asgard doing who knows what."

I sighed, "So that means... I have to go." Nat sighs as well. "Its required for all of us, if we don't the public will be suspicious of us."

She takes my hand, "I know it's hard, but you have us." Nat squeezed my hand. "Plus that means we get to do some dress shopping! Party's tonight, let's leave in 20 minutes, okay?"

I nod, putting on a reassuring smile. I sighed right after she was gone, I never been to a party. The only thing close to a party would probably be when me and Pietro would go to the festival to dance and listen to music.

I should probably change into less casual than my pajamas if I want to go out.

I huffed, looking at the four bags of dresses Nat bought for me. It would've been right, if I hadn't rejected the dresses Nat picked that were to revealing. I shake off the horrible sight and focused on the task at hand. Four dresses how am I supposed to find out which one to wear?

Natasha comes into my room, "Well I picked out the dress I want! What about you?" She see's the distressed look on my face.

"Not really.." I took out all four dresses  from the bags and onto my bed. "I don't really know which one to choose."

"Hmm...." she puts a hand on her chin. "To be honest I think all the dresses look great." Nat smiles. "I have an idea!"

She runs out of my room and after two minutes I hear something dragging the carpet, added with Nat' s heels clicking the wooden floor.

"Hey!! Can you at least tell me where we're going?" A familiar voice says. Nat comes in the door while dragging Steve Rogers.

"Steve!?" I yell, looking back at Nat's smiling face. "What are you doing here?"

"You tell me!!" Steve says.

Natasha sighs putting a hand to her hip, sitting Steve on my bed. "Well i think I should ask other people for opinion on your dress situation. And cap volunteered!"

"I didn't volunteer! You dragged me here!" Steve yells.

"Samething!" Nat looks around. "But maybe a 100 year old virgin won't do."

"Hey! I'm 90!"

Natasha ignores Steve and steps out of the hallway. "Ah, Good morning Miss. Roma-" a voice says then gets cut off from Nat.

"Come with me, Vision.." As Natasha drags him by the arm and onto the bed next to Steve.

Vis looks at Nat then at me. "If I may ask, what is going on?" His eyes sparked with fear and a naive child.

"Okay, an android will probably know better than Cap over here!" Nat says.

"Okay that's just rude comparing me with Vis, I mean he's a couple of weeks old how could he know a sense of style!" Roger says pointing to Vis.

Vision smirks then says in a sly tone, "Yet in a couple of weeks I know so much more compared to you, Captain.."

Nat whistles while Steve chuckles. "You really are one of Tony's!"

Natasha claps her hands, returning the attention to her. "Now gentlemen, Wanda is going to try her dresses I need all of you to rate them so she could wear it to the party tonight."

Nat pushes me into the bathroom to get changed. "C'mon, don't keep the men waiting Wanda," shutting the door leaving me alone with the red dress.

I sighed, what did I get myself into? After a couple of minutes I undid my buttons and let my clothes fall onto the floor. I zipper down my dress and smoothened it when I step down.

I opened the door, a bit embarrassed cause this was the first time I wore something so elegant. I looked at everyone, doing an awkward twirl.

Steve shrugs, hugging my pillow while laying on my bed. "It looks good, I guess."

Nat smacks his head. "Men, how could you be so dense!?" She walks over and takes my hand, "You're so pretty!!"

Vision stands up, "I would have to agree with Miss. Romanoff," glancing at my dress then looking into my eyes.

"You look beautiful Wanda..."

I almost jumped from the comment, it was so unexpecting, because no one ever called me beautiful. Pietro usually called me an ugly pig just to tease me.

Steve whistles, "You really know how to flatter a women, Vision.." breaking into a smile with Nat as well.

"I was only telling the truth, I- I think she would look beautiful in anything she would where.." Vision says stuttering over his words, making them laugh even harder

I sighed, and caught Vis staring at me still, but he looks away from me. I could see something light on his cheek, that didn't seem to connect his red skin.

A faint blush,