Chapter 6: Memories

"So", Liz started, folding her legs, closely watching Robert making himself comfortable on the couch across from her, "Would you like to tell me what happened that night you mentioned last time?"

He stared back at her.

"Don't you want to write down what I'm going to tell you?", he retorted sarcastically.

She smirked at him and shook her head.

"I'm perfectly fine", she replied and tapped her forehead, "I got everything I need right here."

He nodded slightly and swallowed hard.

"It was dark", he started explaining, "We were driving around. I drove..."

He closed his eyes as I reached out for his hand.

"It's okay, Robbie", I whispered, softly stroking the back of his hand, "Tell her what happened."

"It was dark and...", he stuttered, his hands shivering, "We drove around. I was trying to show her..."

I recognized his eyes filling with tears.

I hated when this happened. And right now where he was going through a lot, I wished I could just kiss away the pain, make it go away, stop it! Every time he got teary eyed, it drove me insane. I just loved him. I loved him with all my heart. I'd always do.

"It was dark and...", he sobbed and tried to wipe away the tears in his eyes.

"Maybe", Liz interrupted him, "we should start with something easier."

He looked up to her, thankful for her kind words.

"Tell me about your wife", she continued and moved to the edge of her seat, unfolding her legs again.

Robert ran his fingers through his messy dark brown hair, looking irresistibly good as usually.

"She was the best that has ever happened to me", he mumbled then, "She was the best person I've ever met."

I smiled as he talked about me like that, gently stroking his hand.

"How did you meet?", she asked, smiling at him.

"What does that have to do with my anxiety attacks?", he asked curiously.

"You should remember the good times", she explained, her voice was soft and welcoming, "And when your anxiety attacks start again, you can think of the positive memories you share."

Robert nodded slightly. He seemed to understand what she was trying to tell him.

Her arguments seemed coherent to me. And to him as well.

"It was during the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang premiere in France", he started telling our story and immediately, I had to think back to 2005.

"Kate, have your prepared everything for dinner later?"

"Yeah, everything's done", I replied and quickly grabbed the seating charts for our guests, running downstairs before I bumped into him. My files fell to the ground and I immediately kneed down to get them back together again. Suddenly, his fingers touched my skin and I looked up to him, staring right into his caramel puppy eyes.

"You know, usually people apologize after bumping into me", he mumbled smirkingly and handed me some of the files.

I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Pretty bold, huh?", I countered.

He laughed and his eyes crinkled. It was cute. Probably the cutest smile I've ever seen.