Chapter Thirty Three - From Russia with Love

One week had passed since the interrogation of Amélie Lacroix. In that time, Overwatch had been more active than it had been since before the Petras Act. Jack and Angela had travelled to New Delhi to contact General Prakash Chitanis and remind him of his debt. Olivia had given them a copy of the incriminating documents just in case the general tried to weasel out of said debt.

Genji, meanwhile, had gone to Brazil on a reconnaissance mission to Site Hotel Zulu. Just yesterday, he had reported seeing Talon soldiers patrolling the perimeter of the 'abandoned' base. He also recounted noticing a breeze through the trees every few minutes, as if cloaked shuttles were regularly departing. It was his job to keep the facility under observation and carefully search the area for any lightly guarded entrances.

Of course, the last week had not been wholly successful. After declaring that he would never trust the word of a Talon assassin, Torbjorn Lindholm handed in his resignation in a not-so-formal manner. That was one less gun you would have aimed at Talon, still you thought it was no major loss, that dwarf had treated you with contempt ever since you'd arrived.

In the meantime, you and Olivia had a mission of your own, taking you all the way to freezing-cold St Petersburg. Olivia had told you little about it, all you knew was that you would hopefully be gaining another ally, that was enough for you.

It was late. You couldn't tell how late, probably close to midnight. You sat in a first-class lounge of a luxury train, staring out the window with a tired look. The journey across Russia had taken seven hours so far, and it was far from over yet.

Unfortunately, Overwatch currently only possessed a single shuttle, which Jack and Angela had taken to New Delhi. Therefore, Olivia had hurriedly crafted a pair of fake IDs, making the two of you out as rich business-owners and getting you on board a top-of-the-range train.

But after seven hours of sitting in the same carriage, the pleasures of luxury were beginning were to run thin. Olivia had said she'd gone to fetch some food and drinks from the bar carriage, but that was almost half an hour ago now.

With a grimace, you adjusted yourself by an inch, your back starting to ache from sitting in the same position for too long. You felt a rush of wind, someone changing carriages, Olivia. She strolled in holding a tray of delectable foods, a content smile on her face.

"You were gone a long time" you commented, quickly standing up to help her with the tray.

There were two plates, each of them filled with salted pork and an array of green vegetables. And, of course, a glass of mezcal on the side.

"Traffic was hell, amor" she replied with a grin.

Together, you set the tray down on the table before sitting on opposite sides. Thanks to your position as rich business-owners, you had managed to hire an entire carriage to yourselves. It consisted of the lounge, where you were currently sat, as well as a large bedchamber and a private bathroom. There were benefits to dating a world-famous hacker with a penchant for making fake IDs.

"Salted pork? I've grown so used to Overwatch's military rations...this is a nice change" you remarked, taking a bite of the succulent meat with a sigh of contentment.

"Sí, well we might be on a mission to save the world and all, but that doesn't mean we can't treat ourselves every once in a while" Olivia answered, taking a sip of the mezcal and instantly pulling the grin she'd do every time she tasted it.

You had noticed it, every time she drank her favourite drink her mouth would curl up involuntarily, and she would look as joyful as a child. You loved that smile.