Chapter Twenty Five - Enquiry

Suggested Music – Game of Thrones Season 8 Soundtrack (The Bells)

You opened your eyes to find yourself greeted by a familiar sight. White padded walls, a glaringly bright ceiling light and small bed which was bound to the floor. There were no pillows, nor was there a duvet. No furniture filled the room, only a bland and incredibly uncomfortable bed.

In the corner, out of your reach, you could see a security camera with a little red light, proving that someone was watching your every move. The idea of someone staring at you while you slept was more than a little disconcerting but nowhere near as frightening as the idea that you were trapped here. As you tried to sit up and make yourself comfortable, you found yourself pulled back sharply by metal chains which had you tied to the bed.

A few moments passed, and you watched the door open in front of you. A brown-haired woman entered wearing a formal grey suit, flanked by a pair of nurses wearing surgical masks. The nurses wasted no time attending to you, preparing a syringe, and swiftly injecting something into your arm that made your muscles go limp. They then unlocked the metal chains and propped you up against the wall, before leaving you alone in the room with the woman.

"Ugh...huh...how many times...are we gonna do this?" you questioned weakly, taking slow and deep breaths.

"Tell me your name" the woman requested in a cold, business-like tone.

She was a psychiatrist, military-grade, trained to help soldiers get over their PTSD, but also to get enemies of the state to admit to their crimes.

"Y/N L/N...I was a corporal in the US military...now I'm not..." you answered, just about unable to move thanks to whatever you had been injected with.

"And where do your loyalties lie now? With Talon?" the psychiatrist questioned, noting down your responses on a clipboard.

"No...my loyalties...are with Sombra...always her..." you replied, imagining that the hacker was stood before you now.

Her purple flowing hair, her deep violet eyes, her sarcastic attitude.

"And who is Sombra? L/N...who is Sombra?" the psychiatrist asked, leaning closer as if she were on the verge of a breakthrough.

"A friend..." you whispered, watching as the psychiatrist's face lowered with a sigh.

Even with your defences lowered by nauseous chemicals, you would never give up her name. That was one secret you would take to your grave.

"We will return to this tomorrow, with a stronger dosage" the psychiatrist stated, standing up and walking away with a swift movement.

"W-wait...just listen...Talon's plan..." you stuttered, feeling your head grow heavy from the chemicals coursing through your body.

"Tell me about Talon. Where is their base? What is their plan? Who are their members?" the psychiatrist questioned in quick succession, staring at you curiously.

"I've told you all of this before...I don't know where the base is...it was always kept secret. But they have an army...an army of omnics...they threaten the entire planet" you answered, causing the psychiatrist to sigh and roll her eyes.

"If you expect me to believe this obvious deception then you're wrong. I was hoping you might speak some sense" she said with a look of disdain.

"Look...you're the one who keeps injecting me with chemicals...so if I'm not making sense then it's your fault. But I came to you...why would I do that just to lie? What would be the point?" you asked, beginning to get fed up with trying to persuade her of the truth.