Chapter Seven - The Council

You woke up and immediately found it difficult to breathe, having been crushed against the wall by Sombra. Clearly, she had fidgeted again in her sleep, taking up pretty much all of the bed. You supposed it was hers, but still, there was no way you could get up without waking her. She was facing you, her closed eyes at the exact level of your own.

You shuffled slightly, but quickly gave up in defeat, not wanting to disturb Sombra. After a minute of waiting, however, her eyes slowly flickered open as she woke up by herself. She blinked curiously, suddenly moving backwards when she realised how close the two of you.

"Lo siento...I uh...fidget a lot" she explained, sitting on the edge of the bed, and letting out an exaggerated yawn.

"Hey...your bed, your rules. I'm just a guest..." you remarked, standing up and stretching your arms out dramatically.

She gave a mischievous look.

"My rules, huh? Hm...wish you'd said that earlier" she commented, shooting a sly wink your way as she strolled into the bathroom.

She closed the bathroom door behind her, leaving you alone in her quarters. You shook your head with a smile, walking over to the window nearby and pushing the purple curtains open. On the other side of the glass was a holo-screen, displaying whatever image Sombra had chosen. This time, it was a scenic view of Paris, with the Eiffel Tower standing tall in the distance. For half a second you had expected to be met with an actual window, forgetting that you were in an underground terrorist headquarters. Alas, those hopes were quickly dashed.

"Sombra...report..." a grim voice suddenly called.

You turned to and fro, trying to find the source of the voice. After a second, you noticed some sort of comms device on a desk nearby, and curiously walked over to it. There was no image, only audio, so whoever was trying to contact Sombra couldn't see you...yet. You heard a frustrated sigh from the comms device before the voice spoke again.

"Sombra...turn on your communicator..." it added with a sigh.

A second later, Sombra quickly exited the bathroom, clearly not finished yet as she was covered only by a towel. You looked away respectfully as she scooted over to the device and activated it.

"Sorry, Gabe. I was in the shower. What's the matter?" she questioned, adjusting her towel as she spoke.

"Ugh...it's Reaper. The prisoner isn't in his cell. Do you have an explanation?" Reaper asked impatiently, clearly having no wish for this conversation to last longer than it needed to.

"Oh...right, Y/N stayed with me. And he's not a prisoner, he's a new recruit. We're never gonna get him on our side if we torture him day and night" Sombra answered, giving a brief smile your way as you continued to listen.

"Spending time with you ought to be torture enough...fine...report to central command" Reaper ordered, quickly cutting off the transmission before Sombra could reply.

She rolled her eyes, briefly giving the comms device the middle finger before grinning at you.

"Sorry about that, Gabe is always a little...intense. Anyway, I'll just get dressed, you can do the same and we'll head to today's briefing. Hey...Y/N...eyes are up here" she said with a laugh, snapping you back into reality.

You hadn't realised you were staring, but how could you not?

"Y-yeah...right" you stuttered in reply.

Sombra rolled her eyes before heading back into the bathroom. The next half an hour went by relatively uneventfully, you got dressed yourself in a simple black shirt and a pair of grey combat trousers.