thirty-two

Start from the beginning

"We've got trouble," Tony informed their friend over the comms as they moved to stand beside him in their suits.

"Tony, Deli, there are civilians present. I'm here on orders. Let's not do this right now,"

The trio waved to the crowd to distract them as Audelia chimed into the conversation this time.

"Rhodey, you need to trust us for five minutes on this one. All these people are in danger. We gotta get them out of here,"

"Yeah, I tried trusting Tony. I got tossed around his house, remember-"

"Listen, we think he's working with Vanko,"

The head of Rhodey's suit swiveled around to look at them both as they heard the shock in his voice.

"Wait, Vanko's alive?"

Tony stalked toward Justin Hammer, who turned around and swallowed the lump in his throat as he saw Tony in the suit and Imperial not far behind him.

"Where is he?" Tony questioned the man who continuously shook his head. "Where's Vanko?"

"W-who?"

"Cut the bullshit, Hammer," Audelia cut in as Justin's eyes widened. "You're putting everyone's lives at stake, where is Vanko?"

"Audelia? Y-you're Imperial?"

The whirrling of machinery caught their attention as Audelia and Tony whipped around at the ready, seeing the lights of Rhodey's suit now glowing red as a large missile launched up from the back of his suit.

"Rhodey? Tell me that's you!" Audelia called out as she and Tony stood ready to take off.

"No, I'm not doing that. That's not me. I can't move. I'm locked up. I'm locked up!" the rest of the drones on the stage took aim as screams from the crowd echoed around as they all began to flee. "Get out of here. Go! This whole system's been compromised!"

"Dell, coordinate with police and get a perimeter set up, I need crowd control on lock first. Find me when you're done," Tony told her as he kicked in his jet boots. "Let's take this outside."

The firing began, focused on Tony as he flew up out of the main stage through the roof, Rhodey's suit and a legion of the drones right after him. Audelia kicked in her own thrusters, flying off the back of the stage as she flipped, landing on her feet as she shot down two of the drones and immobilized them as the rest began to run off the stage and toward the exit doors.

Audelia flew above the crowd, repeatedly firing at the drones but their armor was too thick to be shot down with one shot. The woman busted through the front doors as she landed in front of a family running down the stairs, grabbing onto the shoulders of the drone directly behind them as firing twice at the shoulder areas, detaching the metal arms from the suit.

"Go! Get out of here!" she called to the family who stood there in shock before they kicked back into gear and took off down the stairway once more.

JARVIS scanned the surrounding area, her display screen outlining the different drones in the area before to caught sight of Happy and Natasha standing at the car not far away, arguing back and forth. Deli flew over, landing beside the pair.

"Just take me to Hammer Industries!"

"You're not driving-"

"Happy, get in the car and get her to Hammer Industries now," Deli cut in as Happy sighed, grumbling under his breath as he hopped into the front seat of the car. She turned to looked down at Natasha through her mask and gave the woman a nod. "Link up with our comms when you get there, let us know if you find Vanko."