Chapter 9: YOU NEED TO ELIMINATE A VERMIN IN THIS PALACE.

(Everest POV)

The war was a success!! We are all in the ball room of the palace right now, celebrating. I knew it. I knew Guinevere was right and I followed my instinct and I trusted him. This is the most successful war we have ever battled in. Not only that, this is the only war wherein we never lost any of our soldiers.

I was very grateful to my troops and especially to Guinevere. If he did not reveal that information to me, this would have been a disaster.

I insisted and invited him as a guest of honor and he reluctantly agreed but he asked me to not reveal it to any of his fellow workers. It is the least that I can do because technically, he is the one who made us win. Without him, we probably would have lost more men. I gave him a suit that belongs to me a long time ago and it somehow managed to fit him and he looks dashing tonight.

Speaking of which, He is barely mingling with any guests. I ushered him with me so he can socialize as well. He looks so shy and introverted. He is so adorable.

After a while, he started coming out of his shell more and he started talking with some of the guests.

"Would you like to try some profiteroles over there? I made them." He said. I could not help but laugh. I held him and whispered.

"Guinevere, you are the guest of honor, not a waiter. Stop asking them what they want to eat." I said.

"Sorry, I just don't know what to talk about." He said and I giggled.

—————

(Guinevere POV)

The ball is finally over. Thank God! I have no idea what to say anymore. King Everest has made the guest of honor. He did not have to do that but I think it is his way of expressing gratitude.

I was all alone in the kitchen anymore and I was the last one washing the plates when I heard a cough behind me.

"Ahem!"

"Oh! King Everest, is there anything I can do for you?" I asked. He said nothing but just smiled at me warmly.

He slowly came up to me and looked down at me since he is much taller. His smile never disappeared. He then leaned down and kissed me on my cheek. I was pretty sure my eyes were wide as they can be when he did that. I was blushing as if someone threw tomatoes on both side of my cheeks.

He pulled away and we both looked at each other in the eyes.

"I will see you tomorrow!" He said.

"I will see you tomorrow too,...your majesty!" I said, still dumbfounded by what happened.

This could not possibly be true. King Everest likes me. Me? An ordinary person like me? If this is a dream, please do not wake me up from it.

—————

(Edmund POV)

It is confirmed. Everest has taken an interest to Guinevere. I cannot believe it. Seeing my love kiss another person stings, it hurts so much that I wanted to cry and scream.

However, I do not go down without a fight. That abomination needs to be taken out of our lives. I have been with Everest for a long time. There is will be nothing and no one coming in between us.

I will be damned if I let Everest go. Time to remove Guinevere out of the picture. A knock interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in!!"

Suddenly, two of my most trusted men came in.

"Lord Edmund, what can we do for you?" One of them said.

"You need to eliminate a vermin in this palace." I smirked as I knew that my plan was starting to be put into action.