Chapter 2:WE ARE IN A PALACE, NOT A BROTHEL.

Rhys Pickering as Edmund

(Guinevere POV)

The door opened and Standing before me is my good friend Olivia, dressed in a maid's clothes. Her exhausted frown was quickly replaced by a large smile.

"Nev!!" She engulfed me in a tight hug.

"How have you been, Olivia?" I greeted.

"I'm great, but much better now that you are with me." She said sweetly as we pulled away.

"It will be difficult at first but you will get used to it as time flies." She said and I nodded.

We both entered the palace and I immediately saw where I was standing - in the kitchen where other maids have been working as well. One is managing the oven, one is scrubbing the floor, one is grilling and many more. They look like the unending number of factory workers in my village. They are just all over the place.

"So as you can see, this is the kitchen. It is very crowded here but it is highly unlikely that Sir
Edmund would put you here."

"Who is Sir Edmund?"

"The right hand man of the King, to whom you are assigned to have an interview with later."

"Okay." I responded and Olivia continued to tour me around the palace. This is going to be completely new to me.

—————

"Okay, I just accomplished my task of giving you a tour and now time for the interview." Olivia said in front of a huge door, which probably leads to the office of Sir Edmund.

"I am nervous, Olivia!"

"Do not be, you are well-rounded so there is no reason to be anxious." Olivia said before knocking.

"Come in!" A deep voice was heard inside the room.

We both entered carefully inside and saw a handsome man sitting at his desk. He has sharp eyebrows and a slightly pointy nose. He has brown eyes and dark hair that enhances his attractive look.

"Good morning, your excellency, this was the one I was referring to you last month. His name is Guinevere Winter. I believe he is proficient in any tasks you assign him to and that is also the main reason why I highly recommended him here to be one of the household employees." Olivia said.

"Begone Olivia, Stay Guinevere!" He simply said.

"Yes, your excellency!" Olivia responded, then she patted me on my shoulder, which implies her wishing me luck. She went out of the room and it is just me and Sir Edmund left. I was still standing because he still has not given me the permission to sit.

"Wow, I must say you are very well-mannered, Guinevere." Sir Edmund said and I looked at him confused.

"I apologize sir but what exactly do you mean?" I asked as politely as possible.

"Some of our employees, whom I interviewed before will immediately sit down on the chair even though I have not given my permission. You, on the other hand, are still standing waiting for my words. How respectful of you!"

"Thank you sir!!"

"Please have a seat!" Sir Edmund said and I did what I was told.

"So what specific tasks are you good at?" He asked.

"Well, to begin with, I am very knowledgeable with gardening and cooking as well as..."

"You are qualified!!" He said and I was dumbfounded, he did not even let me finish but nevertheless, I am still grateful that he employed me here.

"Thank you so much, sir...Oh! Your excellency." I said and he chuckled.

"You are welcome. I know a versatile person when I see one." He complimented and I could not help but blush, which made him smile at me warmly.

"You are adorable." He added.

I swear in my father's grave, my face is fully red right now.

"Thank you, your..."

"Just call me Edmund." He cut me off, followed by a wink. "You may go now."

As soon as I left the room, there are questions that I cannot help but ask myself with. Does he like me? Is he making advances? Has he taken interest in me? What for? I am nothing special.

—————

(Edmund POV)

I went inside the royal bedroom of the King. I saw him facing his huge window with his arms crossed. He looked so handsome. I crept up behind him and wrapped my arms around him and rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Hey, my love!!"

"Mm" he murmured, not in the mood of greeting me back.

"What's wrong, My dear King Everest?"

"Nothing." He simply said without turning his head to look at me. My relationship with the king have been quite intimate for 3 years but sadly, we have not done it yet. We kiss passionately and caress each other but we have not made love yet. It is either he is not ready or he is not fully satisfied with me.

My left hand went inside his shirt and caressed his hard abs. I continued roaming it upward until it reached his nipple. I twisted it between my fingers and he moaned.

"Just as I thought!" I smirked. My right hand then grabbed his crotch and squeezed it earning a louder moan than before.

"Touch me, your majesty!" I sensually whispered. He turned and devoured me that in a hungry kiss. I grabbed his face to deepen the kiss between us. We were stumbling backwards until we fell off his huge bed. Everest is now hovering over me.  I then flipped us over so I am straddling him. I lowered my kiss to his neck and sucked it leaving a hickey.

I pulled away and smirked at him seductively before unbuttoning his shirt. We are finally going to do it.

"STOP!" He then grabbed my wrist and shook his head.

"I cannot."

"What?" I asked with sadness and shock.

" I cannot do this with you, I am sorry."

"But your majesty, we have been getting together for 3 years, don't you think it is time to..."

"NO!! GET OFF NOW!!" He screamed which made me flinch. I did what I was told and he got up as well and started buttoning his shirt back. He then looked at me with furious eyes.

"YOU ARE MY RIGHT HAND MAN AS WELL AS THE PRIME MINISTER, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, DO YOUR JOB. WE ARE IN A PALACE, NOT A BROTHEL!"

"I am doing my job!!" I defended.

"Really?! Then why do you always rely on your cabinet members for War strategy suggestions? I can barely see or hear you contributing any ideas during a meeting. I see you staring at me all the time, not even paying attention to the most crucial matters of politics. You think I am stupid? I have eyes everywhere, Edmund!!" He scolded.

"Better do your job or I will be forced to send you away, there are numerous carriages in this palace that can banish you!" He added. I was dumbfounded by what he said. With that, he walked away, leaving me alone in his room.

I was close to tearing up. Am I that worthless to him? Why did he say those things? It hurts so much!! Did he ever...love me?

There's only one way to find out. I am going to use Guinevere to see if he will be jealous. I think it is a great plan. The way I flirted with Guinevere earlier had him blushing and giggling like a girl. I think Guinevere likes me. Too bad, I am just going to play him and his heart. I am just going to use that as an advantage for me to know if Everest has real feelings for me.