Chapter 3:SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO SNAP.

Kit Butler as King Everest

(Guinevere POV)

"He said WHAT?!!!" Olivia basically screamed in my room

"Shhhhh, someone might hear you." I shushed her while sitting on my bed.

"He called you adorable??" Olivia is giggling like a little kid right now. It is as if her soulmate just asked her to marry him.

"I told you he did and he winked at me."

"That is cute and weird at the same time." She added.

"Why is it weird?" I asked and she immediately went outside to see if someone is around or listening to our conversation. She then came back and whispered something to me.

"Well, according to some employees here, King Everest and Sir Edmund are...getting it on with each other." My eyes widened at what she said.

"What? Is it really...proven?" I asked in a dumbfounded tone.

"But that is just a rumor!" She said.

"Well, I am not interested in rumors and maybe there is not something to it. Maybe it is just in his nature to be flirty with other people." I said.

"Can you help me unpack and fix my belongings here?" I added.

"Fine." She said before rolling her eyes. We immediately began cleaning my room. My room is not very big but considering that it is for an employee, I like it. The bed is not too big. It is not too small, it is just right!!

The cover of the bed, pillows and the blanket are silky and it feels very comfy and satisfying. There are bedside drawers to both sides of the bed. One lamp. The wallpaper is red velvet. The window gives me a good view of the field. I have to say, this is not bad at all.

"All done!!" She said as we both finished setting my room up.

"I suppose tomorrow is going to be your first day of work. Meanwhile, you can rest for now because you are going to need it. Dinner will be at 6:00 pm sharp. If you need anything or If you have questions, I will be in kitchen." She stated.

"Thank you, Olivia!!" With that she left.
—————

"Here, I want you to carry these to the King's table, do not slip and please be careful." Olivia said as she handed me the tray of dishes.

Me and the other maids started serving the King and the other high ranking members their meals at their long dining table. We entered the dining area and I saw the King for the first time.

This must be King Everest.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him. He is so... handsome and captivating. Can I just say? High cheek bones, Glorious bone structure, brown eyes, thick eye brows, and when you combine them altogether, it created the most beautiful human being I have ever seen in my life.

He then looked at me too and my heart is screaming from the inside. We just made...eye contact. I gave him a respectful smile and greeted him.

"Good evening, your majesty!" I said as I laid down their tray of food on the table. He did not greet me back. Instead, he just kept staring at me like he is intrigued.

As the dishes were laid out, the maids and I just stood there at the side waiting for the permission for us to be dismissed.

"Begone!" King Everest said.

As we exited, I cannot help but think about how King Everest just stared at me.

"GUINEVERE!!" Someone called.
—————

(Edmund POV)

Guinevere is about to exit the dining area, before that could happen. I called him. This is my chance. It is time to make Everest jealous.

Guinevere went back and stood beside me.

"What can I do for you, your excellency?" He said.

"What did I say? What name should you call me?" I asked.

"E-Edmund."

"There you go, just call me Edmund, and you should be flattered because I never let any employees  call me by my first name. Just you." I winked at him. I glanced at Everest to see him glaring at us.

Good. My plan is already at work.

"So tell me, did you like the palace? Did Olivia give you a tour?"

"Oh yes! I very much enjoyed the view of the palace. It is so large. There are so many parts one could get confused by it. It is almost too good to be true." He said. I could see in my peripheral vision that Everest is already livid.

"Okay, well, I am glad to hear it and I hope you do well in your first day tomorrow." I ended our conversation.

"Thank you again...Edmund."

Every one at the table is looking at us dumbfounded. It seems like they are asking themselves if I just flirted with a slave. Yes, I did.

Everest is glaring daggers at me and I just smiled at him. Ooh, someone is about to snap.