Chapter 5: I WILL BE DAMNED IF I LET ANYONE GET IN MY WAY.

King Everest pic above

(Everest POV)

He is such an unusual beauty. I did not know males could be that beautiful. I need to have him. Look at him, trimming the bushes like an adorable gardener he is. He then noticed me staring at him. We are both looking at staring at each other. It feels so right and it feels so...

"Good morning, your highness!!" A voice greeted me from behind. Of course, it has to be...Edmund. He wrapped his muscular arms around me and began pecking my neck. Oh how I wish it would just be Guinevere.

"Still jealous from yesterday?" He whispered against my neck causing his God forsaken breath to tickle me. I shivered in disgust. I took his hands and removed it from my waist. I turned around to see his annoying pout. He went in front my face and cupped it.

"Everest, do not be mad at me anymore, please. I cannot take you being mad at me. I know you love me and I do too. I just flirted with him to make you jealous, in which...I succeeded...obviously." He said.

I released a low snicker from the absurdity of what he said. What a pathetic bastard!! He obviously does not know his palace.

"Let us get breakfast." I said trying to divert his attention to something else.

"As you wish, your highness. I will relay the tasks to our slaves." Edmund said with a bow in the end. He exited my room, leaving me all alone.

Guinevere, I need you to fill this gap in my heart.

—————

(Edmund POV)

God, is this the way he gets jealous all the time? He is so possessive and it is sexy as hell. I should do this to him more often.

Ha! Life is so good to me. I always get what I want and no one gets in my way. If they do, they will not see what is coming for them. I am willing to go to any extent just for me to have what I want , even though if it is...killing people.

It will not be that hard for me especially considering the fact that I was the one who murdered my own father.

Hmm.

Once, I was living with a happy family. Just me, mother and father. All is going so well. That is until my mother died from stroke. Ever since mother died, father started dying as well. Not literally, but spiritually. He was drifting away slowly as his anger and sadness consumes him. I still remember how he would whip me, curse at me, imprison me in the dark basement, and how he would always...touch me. As I was growing up, I saw my father for who he is, a monster. That is when I realized that the father I loved died on the same day my mother died.

He took advantage of my innocence. Though I finished my education, it is still not enough for me to overcome my trauma. Day by day, I grew to hate him more and more. My intelligence was clouded by anger and wrath that I decided to take matters on my own hands. I poisoned him and my nightmares were finally put to an end.

Thankfully, my father was friends with Everest's father, the former king of the Palace and my father was the former prime minister. When my father passed away, it was stated in his will that all his properties and positions will be inherited by me and that is how I became the Prime minister and the right hand man of the king. It did not take long for Everest's father to pass away as well. When his father died, he quickly took his father's throne and managed the entire palace.

He was great at it but I cannot say the same for myself. I am the Prime minister but I barely even open my mouth for suggestions. I did finish my education but I am obviously struggling with politics. If I was not forced take it, then I probably would have taken something different. Politics is apparently my Achilles heel. Privilege is the only reason why I am who I am right now.

On the other hand, Everest became more responsible and more disciplined as a King than his father. That is what made me admire him. His charisma, charm, leadership and looks are what made me fall for him. When I became the Prime minister and he became the King, we were working well together but things were still cold between us but as years go by, we started being warmer with each other until it escalates into intimacy.

Everest is mine. The honorable position of being the Prime minister is mine. I could not care less about what others will say about my proficiency in politics. I have worked too much for all of this. I have murdered my own father. Who else can say that? This is how far I have come. If I let all of these slip off my hands, all my years of suffering and sacrifice would be for nothing.

I will be damned if I let anyone get in my way!