Bang Chan

CHAN - STRAY KIDS
Watch Out!
.
.
.

How could this have happened?

Being pinned to the floor, in the middle of a busy hallway for every passerby to see?!

The worst part of all was the person pinning me down! Our noses grazed each other because of our closeness.

I heard whispers and gasps. Was that someone recording?!?

My body was frozen under his. I couldn't speak.

"Y-Y/n..." His voice was deep. "I think I'm in love with you..."

I shot up. Sweat was beaded on my forehead. I took a few deep breaths before walking to my bathroom.

Knock Knock

"Y/n, did you have that weird haunted house dream again?" My roommate asked through the door.

"No, but it was definitely another nightmare," I stated opening up my door to reveal myself.

"What about this time?" We walked to the kitchen to prepare our coffee.

"Chris."

Her eyes widened. "Chris?! As in Chris Bang?! Chan!!!" She almost choked on her drink.

"Yeah," I rolled my eyes and headed back to my room to get ready for my classes today. I still heard her asking about the details about the dream.

For those of you unaware, Chris Bang is a guy in the same grade as me. We attended the same schools since Kindergarten. Surprisingly enough, we used to be close friends, but when high school came around, he joined varsity swimming and his attitude towards me soured.

Now, we practically hate each other.

After I was done, I headed towards my first class of the day. I tried to forget the stupid dream I had, but it was so strange. I haven't talked to that idiot in almost two years.

Maybe it's a message from the universe....

I sat in my seat and the lecture began soon after. Class went by fast, I almost couldn't believe that it was lunch time.

I sat at the table next to the big oak tree, opened my book, and popped some of my food into my mouth.

"Watch out!"

I looked around for the warning, but it was too late. I soccer ball came flying out of nowhere and landed on my lunch. Fragments of my food and drink landed all over the place, including myself. Especially myself.

I stood up and glanced over my newly stained outfit and book. Fantastic.

"Damn, are you okay?" I looked up to see who was talking to me. His name was Felix: a friend of Chris.

"Uh yeah, just stained and hungry," I rolled my eyes and began to clean myself up.

"Chris come apologize!" Felix shouted over his shoulder.

"No!" I shot at him, "I mean, it's fine. I'll be going." I collected my things and began to head back in the direction of my dorm room. Suddenly, I felt a presence run up next to me.

"I said to watch out. Are you deaf or just stupid?" I didn't bother to look at him.

"I'm fine thanks. Your stupid ball didn't hit me," I responded.

"I mean all you had to do was move."

"Leave me alone," I snapped at him, turning to face him. He stopped and looked down at me. I noticed a ghost smile on his face.

"You, uh, got something," He gestured to a spot on his face. I simply huffed and began to walk away. I heard him laugh behind me. He was still following me.

"Stop following me." He didn't respond, and just kept walking with me. "Chris, go away!" I stopped again to face him.

"No."

What could I do at this point? I quickened my pace, but it was no use. He wasn't going anywhere.

"Why are you following me?" I asked him. I glanced over my shoulder and saw him shrug his shoulders.

"I don't know. We haven't talked for awhile."

"Yeah, for a good reason," I responded with a roll of my eyes.

"Why do you hate me?" His sudden question made me halt in my tracks. He walked around me and stood in front of me, waiting for my reply.

"What the hell kind of question is that?" I tried walking around him, but he blocked my path. "Move."

"Answer."

I sighed before finally answering his dumb question, "You're the one who started hating me first, I just returned your feelings." I successfully walked around him, but he continued to speak.

"What? You were the one who started acting all weird in high school!" He scoffed.

What? No I wasn't!

"No, you joined the swimming team and all of a sudden you became a jerk!" I snapped at him.

"No no no," he grabbed my wrist and spun me around. "You joined the student council and became all snobby!"

What?! No way!

"No! YOU stopped wanting to hang out because you had to focus on swimming!" I poked his chest getting aggravated.

"YOU stopped talking to me at school because you had to focus on campaigns!" He crossed his arms.

"W-Well you started acting like a jerk towards me for no reason!" I mimicked his actions.

"Because there was no other way for me to get your attention!" Chris suddenly became louder.

We stood in the middle of the courtyard, not knowing what to say to each other, but he finally spoke up, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

"I'm sorry." I looked into his eyes to see the sincerity. "I should've just talked to you instead of acting like a jerk."

I sighed, "I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have ignored you because of your practice schedule."

We smiled at each other, "Friends?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "Friends."

We walked next to each other back to my dorm, and we caught up after the many years of not talking to each other. It was nice to have him back in my life as a friend, but I couldn't help but think of the dream I had.

That would never happen.