Chapter 6: Sleepover

Lana (mommy) pov:

It was around 9:30 at the office, my baby was sleeping on the couch and I just wrapped up my work. I heard my cellphone ring and saw it was nicole, so I answered.

"Hey Lana, you got a second to talk?" Nicole said. She sounded pretty upset

"Yeah what's up nicole?" I asked

"So In my house there's a mold infestation and I can't go back for like 3 days. I just finished washing my clothes and buying some toiletries, is it okay if I stayed over just for a little bit? I would stay at the diner but the extra space up there is filled with storage and there isn't enough room. I know it's too much to ask but I can't afford a hotel, and I'm not staying at some gross motel" she explained and I giggled a bit.

"Of course Nicole, you're my best friend. I'll pick you up right now, I'm just at the office with Emily and we'll be there in about 10 mins, just wait outside for me." I said, I know my baby was gonna be happy nicole is coming to sleep over.

"Okay thank you so much Lana you're the best. Love ya lots"

"Love ya too we'll be there soon." I said and then hung up. I went over and kneeled in front of the couch, stroking my baby's hair.

"Princess, wake up, mommy is here honey." I said and she slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes with her fists. What a cutie.

"Hi hi mommy" she said softly and yawned. She looked so sleepy.

"Hey babygirl! I got some news. Nicole has to sleep over for the next few days at our house because of a yucky problem at her apartment. How does that sound baby? We get to hang out with auntie Nicole!" I said excitedly and she clapped her hands.

"Yayay mommy sleep over!!" She giggles bouncing up and down. I smiled and stood her up, we both gathered all of our things and I carried her to the elevator. Everyone went home in my department, but there were a handful of people still in the building. I went outside and nodded over to the valet boy to bring my car and I set emily down, holding her hand.

"Mommy I'm so excited! We get to play with auntie Nicole and eat and watch movies!" She explained excitedly and I giggled. The boy pulled up with my car and I smiled at him, giving him another tip. I put my baby in the back in her car seat and drove off.

"We're almost there baby. I'm so happy you're excited" I said to her as we pulled up towards her apartment. I could see her sitting on her suitcase near her steps, scrolling on her phone. I pulled in front and honked the horn. She jumped up and me and Emily both laughed so hard. I got out as Nicole came up to us.

"Geez don't scare me like that you butt. I could've been kidnapped ya know." She said and I laughed.

"Just get inside butt head." I said teasing her and putting her suitcase inside the trunk. I got into the drivers side and drove us home.

"Hey Emily! How are you sweetie? Aren't you excited we get so spend a few days together!" She said excitedly to Emily. She looked back at her.

"Uh huh! We're gonna have lots of fun and I'm gonna show you my room" she said and I smiled at her.

"Yes baby all of us are gonna have fun. I think we should do one thing that each of us really wanna do, and we'll all do it together!" I said and they both nodded .

"That's a great idea!" They said at the same time and we all laughed our asses off.

By the time we got home emily was sleeping. I picked her up and grabbed her stuff in the other hand Nicole took her suitcase from the back and we all went inside. Nicole went up to the guest bedroom and I set Emily's stuff down, taking her to the bedroom. I laid her in the bed, tucking her in and kissing her head.

"Good night my princess. I love you so much." I said and walked out. I went to the guest bedroom to see how Nicole was doing. She taking out her clothes and putting them in the dresser.

"Need any help?" I said to her and shook her head.

"I don't need any help here, but I haven't eaten any dinner so can I order something" She asked and I smiled.

"Don't worry about it hun. I'll order us some pizza. Emily is sleeping like a baby so I'll just order one pie." I said and she walked towards me, and she hugged me tight.

"Thank you for being my best friend. I couldn't do anything with out you. You always take care of me so well. I'll find some way to pay you back." She said and my eyes watered. I love her so much.

"Nicole, you're my best friend. We've been through it all since high school and you're the only one who's stuck with me. You never have to pay me back, you've done so much for me. I don't have any family besides Emily and you. This isn't a favor. This is just us spending some time together okay? And Emily loves you so that's a bonus." I said and we both laughed. She went On to finish unpacking and I went downstairs to order the pizza and play a movie. These next 3 days are gonna be awesome.