Chapter 5; Against All Matters

((short chapter warning))

Dan with his beautifully straightened hair, which right now wasn't that straight, shook hands with my sister who now believed me and 'the hottest guy in the entire universe' were dating.

“uh” I swallowed my disapproval. “you want some tea.. honey?” I turned to Dan.

“Yes please!” he said, sounding enthusiastic.

“Come help me then!” I said, hinting a conversation must-needed.

I questioned Dan telling my sister about our completely fake relationship and he sensed, then came with an explainable answer.

“If your crazy, hair-collecting stalker of a sister is that much of a Dangirl as you say, she wouldn't try to seduce me if I'm dating her sister, would she?”

Dan had a point. She wouldn't. She knows me far too well to steal my boyfriend, even though he's the amazing, no wait, the Dan who is not on fire.

“You're right” I said. “She wouldn't, but I'm still against lying to her”

“For me, please?” Dan made his well-known puppy face and dared to make a half smile.

Ugh, cute boys. Stop, why'd you all have to be gay?

We decided to go on with this whole, half-love act only for Dan to be able to stay as far away from my crazy sister as possible. Me and Eva barely meet anyway so the next time I can just tell her me and Dan broke up, or something.

One hour passed by and cups after cups of tea were finished. Soon enough she left.

“Pew!” I puffed. “Glad that is over”

“She wasn't that bad” Dan insisted. “or at least she looked away every few minutes”

“Ha, told you!” I teased and put our cups into the dishwasher.

“I had a fun day with you, throughout my hungover appearance” Dan said and smiled. “But I better get going, It's kinda late” he continued.

I sighed. I actually didn't want him to leave me here. I actually found excitement in taking care of him, or at least having someone to talk to.

He collected his few things and went into the hallway to put on his shoes and leave the building.

He opened the door and said a neat “goodbye, thank you for everything” before I stopped him.

“Dan!” I exclaimed. “Do you really have to go?”

“No, not necessary” he said and took a step back into the apartment. “but I do not want to be to any bother for you”

“you're not, I mean, you eat my food and take my bed but that's okay!”

Dan chuckled, “yea?”

“I'm just so lonely, and if you leave I will still keep the memory of having someone here, and that will be..” I said and pulled a sad face.

“painful, and you'll feel even more lonely won't you?” he continued my hurting words.

I nodded.

“That's exactly how I feel about it all, after Phil left” Dan said, sounding exhausted.

“So..” I carefully said. “Let's be alone together?”

My heart was pounding as Dan thought about his answer for a second. “ha,” he laughed.

“We could stay young forever”.