Chapter 17 - Realisation

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for the inconsistent updates. I hope you enjoy this chapter tho:) I love you guys so much! Enjoy!

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
-------

Sometimes I'm jealous of the sun. Its bright, and big and beautiful. It slowly moves to different parts of the sky throughout a number of hours. And by the time it's done, it sets, painting the sky with a viratity of colours. Being equally as stunning when it comes back the next day. The sun has no worries. It just has to look beautiful and create warmth and light.

The feeling of the hammock I was laying in being pushed is enough to pull me out of my trance. I look, seeing who the culprit was, only to be greeted by a warm smile I've grown to love.

"Hello, love."

"Hi, Newt." I let out a heavy breath, looking back up at the sky.

"I want to talk." He smiles softly, resting his hand gently on my arm.

"I don't feel like talking." I slide out of the hammock and being walking away. He quickly catches up to me, spinning my around swiftly, and pinning me against a tree.

"You've been avoiding me ever since I said Teresa was sweet. And actually not just me. You've been avoiding Thomas, and everyone else in the bloody glade except Minho for over a week." His grip on my waist tightens as he rants. His tone becoming slightly angry right when he mentioned Minho.

I feel tears pricking at my eyes. He notices right away, and I watch his expression soften. He picks me up bridal style, then sits down with his back agasint the tree. We sat there cuddling, as I lay my head agasint his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"I'm sorry, Newt," I cry, letting out a tear, "I'm sorry for avoiding you and ignoring you when you did nothing wrong. Same with Thomas. I don't know what I've been feeling. Teresa just brings out a side of me I didn't know I had. But truth be told. I genuinely have a bad feeling about her, Newt. And that's not the jealous me talking." Newt hugs me tightly, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"Shhh, it's okay, love, you're okay," he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear, "I understand what you've been saying now. Teresa's been acting strange the past week. I'm not sure if you've noticed. She seems to already understand how we do things around here before anyone explained anything to her. She sometimes talks about a memory she has, while telling us a story. When we ask her about it, and how she remembers that, she denys it, and says she doesn't remember anything, and that we must have heard her wrong."

I sit up, and look at Newt, "Really!?"

"Really."

"Newt, this is crazy!" I stand up, "we need to catch her when she screws up again, and pry until she tells us the truth."

He stands up as well. "I'm in, but we need to be smart about this. I think we should include Thomas as well, considering he's noticed the strange things about her too."

I nod my head, "let's go find him." He grabs my hand, as we run to find Thomas.

I knew there was something off about her.