» love triangle

What you need to know:
(y/n) - your name
I'll update this list according to the chapters:)
---
(y/n)'s p.o.v.
---

     A griever was hovering above me. The small ball I was curled up in didn't do me any good. I can't escape it. I may as well face it. I take my head out of my knees and stare at it. I then slowly bring myself off of the ground, feeling it breathe onto my forehead. Not breaking eye contact, until I see a bead of saliva fall out of its mouth, and onto my nose. I screamed out of disgust and fear.

--

Abruptly, I sat up in my hammock. Panting, I quickly bring my hands to my nose, to feel a dab of water. I look up, to see fresh dew falling off a green leaf on the tree above. I smile to myself out of relief. It was only a dream. I glace towards the wall, to see that the runners are getting ready to leave. Minho is the only runner left after Ben was banished. So who is the new person with him? My curiosity takes over, as I now find myself walking over to them. I quickly run my fingers through my hair, trying to tame it. I probably look like a lion. Once I finish combing it, I reach the boys. I look to see Minho. But, I also see Thomas. I run up to him. Before I can say anything, he speaks.

"Hey, how are you feeling this morning, (n/n)?" He asks, playfully. I giggle at the nickname he came up with for me.

"I'm good. A lot better. My skin is almost completely healed," I smile, "but, I'm more worried about you. Are you going into the maze?" I frown.

He bites his bottom lip, and looks away. He won't make eye contact with me. "Well, Minho needed another person to run the maze with him. He can't keep doing it by himself, it's not safe."

My frown grows. "But," I begin, barely over a whisper, "I don't want you to get hurt." I finish very quietly, hoping he didn't hear. Unfortunately, he heard. He looks at me sympathetically, and gives my a small smile.

"I'll be fine, (y/n), I promise." He wraps his arms around me, and hugs me tightly. My heart stops. It takes me a second, but I finally hug back, gently. My heart is pounding, nervously. After he few seconds, he pulls away, and puts his hands gently on either side of my head, forcing me to look at him, "Please don't worry, I'll be extra careful. Just for you." He smiles. He plants a small, harmless kiss on the top of my head, then turns to Minho. "You ready?"

Minho sighs, "As I'll ever be."

And with that, they run off into the maze. I was left standing there, dumbfounded. My heart is still pounding, as my stomach is full of butterflies. My cheeks turn to a light shade of pink, as a small smile can't help but show. I was too caught up in the moment, to notice Newt standing in front of me, smirking.

"What are you smiling about?" He says, bending down to my level, locking eyes. I shake my head, pulling myself out of my trance.

"Huh? Oh, nothing!" I laugh, nervously. He stands back up and laughs.

"Yeah, okay," he says, still smirking.

"Shut up," I whisper, embarrassed. I land a light punch on his arm. My cheeks turn red again, but this time from embarrassment. He puts his hands up, surrendering.

"Okay, okay. Forget I said anything." He smiles and winks, "Anyways, why are you out here so early?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I wanted to say bye to Thomas and Minho," I say truthfully.

"Oh, okay," he nods his head, giving me a small smile. So he already knew Thomas was a runner now? Why didn't anyone tell me. He grabs my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Come with me, love, breakfast is soon," he smiles, lightly pulling me. I let out a laugh, and walk with him. We were walking for a while, until a sudden question pops into my head.

"Newt?" I whisper.

He turns to me, "Hm?"

I look down, slightly regretting I said anything to begin with, "What do I look like?"

He looks surprised for a second, but quickly gives me a kind smile. "Well, you have (h/l), (h/c), beautiful hair," he begins with a smile, running his fingers through it. "Along with the most stunning (e/c) eyes I have ever seen." He finishes, caressing my cheek with his thumb. I begin blushing madly. I quickly direct my gaze to my feet.

"Thanks, Newt," I whisper, shyly.

He laughs, pulling me into a hug, "Anytime, love."

We then continue walking, until we reach everybody else waiting for breakfast.

"I'll go get us some food. You go save us a seat," Newt says, walking away. I nod my head, and sit down at an empty table. My mind grows lost in everything that happened this morning, until I come to a conclusion.

Am I in a love triangle?
---