» prologue / teaser

This book is currently being edited

          My eyes shoot open.

The sound of screeching metal fills my ears, as my eyes just begin to adjust to the darkness. My clammy hands reach for my stomach, as I start to feel motion sick. My heart is pounding.

Where am I? Is the first thought invading my head. I stretch out my hand, feeling the floor.
Metal.

I reach it up towards the roof, surprised at how low it is.
Metal.

I watch as the concrete texture on the walls is changing rapidly. I'm moving up. I conclude, looking around promptly. At a rather rapid pace at that. Fully adjusting to my surroundings, I realize I'm in a box. The scent of iron lingering in the chilled air, as well as the ice cold floor is enough of a hint to signify, this box is made of metal.

A rough patch is hit, as the box jerks. I am thrown at the roof, hitting my head in the process. I groan in agongy, reaching for my aching scalp. I lay there, for what seems like hours, yet was merely a few minutes.

Finally, a blinding light invades the box, causing me to squint. As my eyes adjust to the light, I look around, only to notice many male faces staring back at me. My instinct reaction is to scoot to the corner, sheilding my face with my hands. My thoughts are racing, yet, they are inturpted by a voice with a heavy British accent.

"A girl..."