» fight

What you need to know:
(y/n) - your name
I will update the list according to the chapter!
---
(y/n)'s p.o.v.
---  

     What the fuck.

As I am running towards the hammocks, I hear Newt calling out to me, but I am too ashamed to look back. I feel hot tears run down my cheeks, as I am overwhelmed by the situation that just happened. I quickly wipe them away, not wanting to draw attention to myself. I reach one of the trees that is holding up my hammock, sitting behind it. I slide down it, silently crying.

"I'm so stupid." I choke out.

"(y/n)?" A soft voice calls out. I hold my breath, after I realize it is Newt. I stay perfectly still, hoping he won't find me. Yet, to my dismay, he pops into view, sitting in front of me. I sigh, looking down.

"Please go away, Newt," I whisper out, "I just want to be alone right now."

"(y/n), please-"

"No, Newt," I cut him off, my voice laced with authority, "I want to be alone right now. Please."

He tries to speak, but gives up. He looks at me sadly, before standing up and slowly walking away. I let out a loud sigh, finally being able to breathe again. I look up at the dark sky, now noticing it is beginning to rain. I put my face in my arms, letting out loud sobs. I continue crying for what feels like hours, but there was no way it was actually that long. The sky is now even darker, as the voices and chatter of the rest of the gladers has seemed to stop. As my tears finally start to settle, my eyelids begin to feel heavy. And with that, I drift off into an uncomfortable sleep.

--

I awake from my sleep, as my body is lifted off of the ground. I allow my eyes to flutter open, as I make eye contact with none other than Newt. I struggle in his arms, uncomfortable under his gaze on me. He holds on to me tighter, giving me a small smile, as he walks us over to my hammock, setting me down. He then gently puts his fingers under my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"(y/n)," He begins, "Can we please talk? I can't take you being mad at me. I'm really really sorry for upsetting you."

I shake my head, interrupting him, "No Newt, I'm sorry." He cocks his head, looking slightly confused.

"Why are you sorry?" He questions.

I let out a sigh. "For running, ignoring you, acting like an idiot." I list off slowly, making eye contact with him.

He smiles shyly. "It's okay," He whispers, "But, why did you?"

I swallow a lump in my throat, feeling nervous butterflies in my stomach. "Um," I pause, unsure of how to tell him, "When Thomas left the glade. He, um, looked back at me, and, um." I trail off.

"He what?" He urges, gently. Oblivious to what I'm about to tell him.

I pause for a long time, before speaking. "He told me he loved me." I finally spit out. I search Newt's face desperately for a reaction. I watch as his eyes harden and his eyebrows scrunch. All colour leaves his face. "Newt?" I question. I reach out, setting his hand on his arm, gently. He shakes it off, backing up slightly.

"And what did you say?" He asks, quickly.

"That's the thing, Newt. The walls closed so quickly, I couldn't react." He suddenly makes eye contact with me, desperately looking for an answer.