Chapter 17

Dear readers, I will like to use this time to tell you of a saying.

This saying is has a first part and a second part.

The first part being 'when life gives you lemons', while in often times the second part can change based on what is needed.

Like for example, "when life gives you lemons; make lemonade," or "when life gives you lemons; plant them, grow them, alter their genetic make up so that they sell in high demand".

But for now neither one of those examples are to be used at the moment.

What is, is a new saying, similar to that of lemons.

"When life gives you Lemony; don't waste your chance."
.
.
"What's got you so sluggish," Kit Snicket as she looks at her little brother who, at the moment, sitting with his head between his legs.

"Well, it's been a hectic day. I was tied up, I babysat, I saw the women I love and managed to make a fool of myself. I haven't felt this unsure of myself since I found out there was a third Brontë sister," lemony said thinking of all the how's and why's the Baudelaire children brought to mind.

To start, how did they know about the sugar bowl being a hemlock hospital. The only person he had told about that was to his brother which he knew, for a Snicket fact, would never tell unless the situation is dire.

Another thing that came to mind, was a even more serious question. Who told the Baudelaire children, more importantly, Violet Baudelaire?

And don't think for a moment that klaus was of less importance.

It's what Violet represents that mean much more.

She was the first. Of what was said to be the end of the fire fight.

Not by a way of defeat or surrender, but a stop, a forever pause.

To have her as a volunteer will be a red flag of panic for all the volunteers, for all the families, and for all the children that will be force in to the fire.

And who ever told her is either giving a warning like no other, or starting a new fight.

This leads to a more unsure question. Why are they keeping it a secret from there parents?

Could it be from fear of what there parents would think, or of unknown thought of whether or not they could trust there own parents.

Either way it's best for now they haven't told them. Beatrice would have acted out foolishly, and Bertrand would have told his brother and Matthew Quagmire.

This would then lead Quagmire telling his children about VFD and then tell Anwhistle and the Denouements.  Then it will go out of proportional if all the Denouement triplets found out.

"Children.....are such trouble."
.
.
"Violet, why did you tell lemony that you know about VFD," Klaus said looking out Violet window as the taxi cab goes farther from view.

"He was bound to find out eventually. If there is anyone that we would have to make allies with, it would be Lemony Snicket," Violet said getting ready for bed, and to be frank is the best answer for the time being.

Had she told Klaus that this was the man that told the world about there struggles with Count Olaf would Klaus have reacted the differently starting with 'why'.

But what she fear most of Lemony finding out was of everything she knew would happen in the future to come, if there was one thing she worried most by now was for someone to go off and change the future because of fear and what better way of keeping a investigator at bay then telling him a topic of interest that would be difficult to say to others, especially their parents.

"Well I guess that makes sense.... but sense we are on the topic of allies, and I was going to ask you earlier, why did you come running home crying?," Klaus said as he sees his sisters face turn shock, to sadness, and soon to anger.

"I saw my husband." Violet said giving off a cold stare.

"Your husband from the future or the husband from now which, I hope, is around are age,"

"He is, and it's strange. He recognize me, but I am sure we have yet to meet in this life. Unless he knows too, like Olivia. Either way, I'm not ready to see him yet," Violet said shaking a little from thought.

"What's his name anyway."

"Quigley, Quigley Quagmire."

"Quagmire. Like my wife Quagmire?! Like you married your brother in law Quagmire?!? Why didn't you mention anything?!?!" Klaus said wrapping his head on a new topic of interest.

"Figured it wasn't important," Violet said.

"Oh no, now how am I going to explain to her on our wedding night when she finds out about father's sledgehammer," Klaus said lying on the floor thinking of the worst.

"Why is it that when Isadora is in the picture, you become worried; if anything she is the most fearless Quagmire although Quigley is a close second, but I would say his more daring," Violet said going into her own thought leaving Klaus red with his own.

"Hey Klaus," Violet said finally going back to her brother.

"Yes?"

"Let's do training tomorrow."

And from that point on, Klaus worried for his physical health.
.
.
"How far does it go," Duncan said sticking his head in the tunnel to get a better look only to hit by a cold breeze.

"Don't know, I do remember that the tunnels lead to anywhere you want to go." Quigley said getting two flashlights beaming them down to the dark path seeing no end.

"Anywhere?" Isadora asked wondering why her parents would need such a tunnel and why they never used it.

"Anywhere," Quigley stated back.

"Great, now you can see your girlfriend," Duncan said joking but soon regretted it when he saw his brothers face change from confusion to excitement.

"No no nononono, you are not going down there," Isadora said holding Quigley back before he could do anything else.

"But it's only a 3 miles walk, we live in the upper east side, she lives in the central city area," Quigley said remembering like if had walked to the Baudelaire mansion hundreds of times which, during his late teen year, he did.

"Oh wow, she live close to the beach," Duncan said understanding now why she was alone at the beach and as well as how she walked there.

"I know, great place to sell real estate, and also has great access to the better stores." Quigley said back.

"And close to the diner that makes really good root beer floats," Isadora butted in.

"The one with the double-decker hamburger and home made french fries?" Quigley asked.

"That's the one."

Soon enough the Quagmire triplets have lost focus from there original task leaving them hungry enough to go to the kitchen leaving the tunnel door open for their parents to see, but that will be a for a different time.