Chapter 1

To begin a story you must remember the past because one previous ending can determine the fate of the new beginning.

It's what must be remembered because it reasons that this story, and no story, truly has a happy ending. It is why we make fiction as a gateway to the world we live in and often time forget that we don't live in that world.

No matter how much we beg to go.

If you recall the Baudelaire orphans consisted of three children.

Violet, the eldest Baudelaire, an inventor who, while thinking, would put up her hair in a ribbon to not have her hair covering her eyes which leads her in thinking the most peculiar of inventions that tended to help her when, in a difficult situation, can save her life.

Klaus, the middle Baudelaire, can match even the most well read adults, having spent his youth reading the books in his family's library and what ever he read, he would never forget.

Sunny, the youngest Baudelaire, an intelligent baby girl that was about the size of a loaf of bread and has unusually sharp teeth that she used to bite some of her most favorite foods that were hard, never soft. She spoke in unintelligent shrieks and cries that could be understood by her siblings.

Ever since there parents had parish in a terrible fire along with there home, the Baudelaire had been in many unfortunate events in every turn they take, this being the biggest understatement the world had ever known. Had been in the most absurd of situations while meeting the most interesting of people that had become there guardian.

From a Valiant Fine Distinguished herpetologist that came to be killed by the strike of venom.

A Very Frighten Daredevil woman that became eaten by leeches just after a storm.

To a Valet False Defective co-leader who would stand by as people worked in a lumber-mill for gum and coupons.

Even a Vulgar Fickle Dedicated violinist with a sweet tooth, working as a vice-principle.

Not to mention a Vain Fashionable Diva that only cared for what is IN.

But the one that cause the Baudelaires much trouble and the reason for many deaths, a Villainous Formidable Deception menace that will haunt the Baudelaires for the rest of there lives. The man they call Count Omar, sorry, Count Olaf, his name was Count Olaf.

He was a terrible actor who stopped at nothing to get the Baudelaire fortune that was to be given to the children when Violet came of age, and often described as a tall, thin man with a wheezy voice, a monobrow, shiny eyes, poor hygiene and a tattoo of an eye on his left ankle.

Although there is more to that 'eye' on his ankle then to what meets the.....well......eye.

That eye was actually the initials VFD. A secret organization devoted to stopping fires, figuratively and literally, that was once filled with well-read people, each with unique talents capable of changing the world.

The organization was called the 'Volunteer Fire Department'. Of course VFD for short.

Although like every group of people there was an argument that involved important content in a sugar-bowl; because of this one object their became a separation called, the schism.

Soon enough instead people in one side of the organization decided that, instead of fighting fires, they would started them and by doing so, have killed and hurt a lot of good people.

To an onlooker, especially the Baudelaire orphans, it became near impossible to figure out who were the good from the bad. They all use the same code, disguises, and passage ways; all ready to pounce on the first hint of an enemy.

But it appears I have said too much and explain to little.

Let's start by explaining another branch of this organization.

Since the first members, it was obvious that these people were not normal and even though were well informed because being well-read they did not just get there information from books.

Believe it or not this organization has not been around for as long as you think but has been everywhere in time, although if you say we are immortal you're not wrong but not right either.

Dear reader I will state this once more. The information I am about to say will change everything you know about VFD so I plead to you. Stop while your ahead and close this story. Go away before this pocket watch ruins your life just like it did mine. Cause once you know to much you will be a part of this organization as well and there will be no backing out.

But, as I said before, you have gone this far and no matter how much a plead you, dear reader will not stop reading. So you will do best to remember this saying.

There are eyes everywhere, and ears at every corner. People will only believe what they can see but will tell everything they hear.

So heres the story.