Ch. 16

'I can't believe its happening' Sana yelled across the field when she saw me making my way towards her. We were finally graduating.

'I know' I said in full excitement and hugged her tightly.

'You look so beautiful' She looked at me with admiration.

'So do you...you always look beautiful' I complimented her and we went to go look for our assigned seats since the ceremony was about to start.

'Wasim is throwing a small party to celebrate my graduation after the ceremony' Sana informed me a while later.

'That's very sweet' I said to her, keeping my voice low now that the principal of the college had started giving the welcome speech.

'You are coming with me' She added.

'We'll see' I whispered. I didn't know if my family wanted to go for lunch or something after the ceremony so I didn't want to promise anything to her.

'You are getting distinction...how do you feel?' Sana looked at the itinerary booklet.

'I see your name too' I nudged her.

'Thanks to you...you helped me so much with my assignments' She replied, I wish she could see how smart and beautiful she really was instead of doubting herself.

'Oh common' I shook my head. The ceremony was quite long but was worth every minute of it. I felt so happy and proud when our batch's name was announced and we walked to the stage to receive our diploma. I felt like I had finally accomplished something. After the ceremony concluded, Sana and I went to our family who was sitting together.

'Congrats you two' Zeeshan Bhai got up from his seat and offered me his seat as we approached the table so I can sit next to Ramsha.

'Show me your diploma' Ramsha eagerly said and I passed her my certificate.

'Uncle, Wasim is throwing a party to celebrate Sana's graduation...can Maya join us?' Zeeshan Bhai asked my parents.

'That's fine...when is it?' My dad asked him.

'Right after we finish from here Uncle' Sana answered.

'I thought we were going for lunch?' Ramsha seemed disappointed.

'That's fine...I'll come and pick her up after lunch...would that be okay?' Zeeshan Bhai proposed the thought and my parents agreed.

'Thank you Zeeshan Bhai...I always trouble you one way or another' I said to Sana's brother when it was time for us to leave.

'Don't worry...just call me when you are done and I'll come to pick you up' He replied and left with his family. My family and I went for lunch to celebrate my graduation. During lunch, I got a text from Anum congratulating me. I replied back thanking her.

'You did it...we are so proud of you' Papa said to me and my smile grew.

'You make us so happy' Mama patted my back.

'I got you something' Ramsha took out a small blue colored pouch from her bag and handed it over to me. I opened the bag and a beautiful winter solstice necklace.

'Thank you...I love it so much' I kissed Ramsha on the cheek and wore the necklace she had gifted me. It was dainty and light, just perfect.

When it was almost time for us to leave, I messaged Zeeshan Bhai to pick me up from the restaurant. Minutes after my parents left with Ramsha, Zeeshan Bhai came to pick me up.

'Are there a lot of people?' I asked him on our way to the party.

'No not really...about 10-12 people...he is doing barbeque by the lake' He informed me about Wasim.