Final Countdown

My mom and I walked into the room where Scott and the rest of the pack was. I was wiping the dried tears on my face. My mom was still sniffling some. We walked over to the table where Scott was laying. Stiles wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest.

"I still hate this plan. I mean this is pretty terrifying. He looks dead." My mom said.

"Give me your hand." Kira's mom said holding out her hand. She placed it on Scott's heart. Her face seemed to drop when she didn't feel the heartbeat. "Wait for it."

Everyone was quiet. I smiled slightly when I heard Scott's heartbeat. My mom left out a sigh of relief.

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" She asked.

"Enough for an alpha." Kira's mom answered.

"How much time do we have?" My mom asked.

"Forty-five minutes." I answer.

"What happens after that?" She asked again.

"I bring him back the same way." Kira says.

"No, I mean what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?" She repeats.

"No one told her?" Kira's mom asked looking at us.

"What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" My mom starts to panic.

"He dies."

***

Stiles, Kira, Liam, and I had just gotten the cameras around the hospital set up. Now we have a complete view of the entire hospital. Nobody can come or go without us seeing.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked.

I looked at the screen. It was blinking in and out. After a few seconds it went out completely, only showing static screen. Along with the words error.

"No. No it's not." Stiles says.

"Where is that?" I ask.

"The roof." Stiles answers. "Someone's going to have to check it out."

"I'll go." Kira says.

"Whoa, whoa. This might not be a malfunction." Stiles said.

"That's why I have this." She takes her sword out of the case.

"I'm coming with you." Liam says running out after her.

"Okay, and you're coming right back. Immediately kids." He says making me laugh. He turns around and looks at me.

"You're not going with them?" Stiles asks me.

"No." I shake my head. "Who else is going to protect you?"

"I'll have you know I am capable of taking care of myself thank you." He says hold up his arms. I walk up to him and gently squeezed his muscle causing him to flinch. He hisses and jerks back while rubbing his arm. "Ouch."

"You're so capable of taking care of yourself." I chuckle walking back to the computer while he glares at me.

***

Stiles and I are currently walking down the hallway. Wait... I am walking down the hallway while Stiles is cowering behind me. So much for Mr. 'I can take care of myself.' The lights went out so Stiles thought we should see what is going on, but as soon as we heard a big crash from in front of us he ran behind me.

I ran into somebody in front of me while going around the corner. I look up to see a gun barrel pointed at me. I could see Chris's face on the other side. It was dark, so imagine he could see that it was us.