Lacrosse Tryouts

Scott, Stiles, and I were on our way to the lacrosse field. Tryouts are this afternoon and Stiles wanted to get some extra practice in, not that it's really going to help him. I notice that there were other lacrosse players doing the same.

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up like Coach asked, right?" Stiles asked Scott.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." Scott tells him.

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles asks.

"Ah. I texted him but he didn't get back to me." Scott replies.

I look at him in shock. "Are you telling me you told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"

"We don't have the money to call France." He responds.

"Point taken." I respond.

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles snaps.

"Another notice?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, and this one said final." Stiles said before changing the subject. "Now what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like 127 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

I look over to Scott when he didn't respond to see him watching something. I follow his gaze to see him watching some guy in the goal. Some one was throwing lacrosse balls at him, and he wasn't missing a single one. He caught them with ease. I watch in shock. There is no way a human can be this good.

"It is now." Scott says. Stiles looks at us before looking onto the field. His jaw drops when he sees what we see.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles said.

After they had stopped, the kid took off his helmet before walking to the other guy. I couldn't help but be even more shocked at the guy. He looked like a freshman.

"Nice, Liam. You might just be our first ever freshman captain." Some guy, Garrett I think his name was, told him.

I look at the two boys who look just as shocked as I do. "There is no way a freshman can be that good, can there?"

"Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit." Stiles said dragging Scott on the field. I laughed at them before walking to class.

***

It was in between classes when Stiles had come up to Scott, Kira, and I. We were standing around Scott's locker. He started gushing about some murder that happened last night.

"An axe murderer?" Kira asked Stiles.

"A family murdering axe murderer." Stiles corrected.

Scott motioned between us."We already heard about it?"

"Wait. What? You did? How?" Stiles stuttered.

"Mom told us. She knew we'd see it on the news." I shrugged.

"Perfect. Let's go." Stiles said starting to walk away.

"I've gotta go to class." Kira says. I nod in agreement.

"Yeah Stiles, we've got econ in five minutes." Scott agrees.

Stiles looks at us. "All right. Did you forget the part about the family murdering axe murderer?"

"Did you forget that your dad's the sheriff? They want us to stay out of it." I point.

"Are you guys kidding me? There's a family murdering axe murderer and we're not going to do anything about it?" Stiles said.