thirty

Start from the beginning

"Wait, really? That'd be so-"

"Ah, so you're leaving finally?"

Audelia rolled her eyes at Tony's interruption, nudging him in the side as she moved under the coils to meet Coulson on the other-side, who gave Tony a nod of his head.

"Yes, I came to say goodbye. I've been reassigned, Fury wants me in New Mexico,"

"Ah, the Land of Enchantment," Tony reached over the coils, shaking hands with Phil. "Thanks."

"We need you," Phil reminded him.

"More than you know,"

"Not that much,"

Agent Coulson turned back to Audelia as Tony moved to put the last of the coils in place. The woman threw her arms around him, giving the agent a hug as he reciprocated it.

"Was good to see you again, Phil," she told him, pulling back with a smile. "Next time I see you I definitely want to see these trading cards of yours."

"Of course," Phil took a step away, giving her a nod of his head. "Keep an eye on him...we need you both."

Agent Coulson finally left the lab through the doors, moving back upstairs to head onto his next mission. Audelia turned back to face Tony as he put safety goggles on, placing the prismatic accelerator into the chamber inside the coils.

Deli took the time to go over the papers once again, to make sure that they were doing all of this correctly in order to (hopefully) not destroy the entire house.

"We've got to be careful with the accelerator," Tony looked up from his work twenty minutes after Coulson had left, locking eyes with Audelia as she finished going through the paperwork, now walking toward him. "When that thing reaches max power we have to synthesize the element quickly before we blow up the entire house. If we wait too long we could overload the prism, we've got to turn the lever quickly."

"I'm so thankful that Captain Obvious is here to tell me everything that I already know," Tony shot back at her with a smirk as she rolled her eyes, ducking under the coils to stand beside him. "Tell me again, where would I be without you?"

"Dead at the New Year's party in Switzerland in 1999," Audelia shot back with her own smirk, gaining an eye roll this time from Tony.

"I feel like every time I ask that question you have some new situation where you saved my ass ready to go,"

"When you give me plenty of situations, that's exactly what happens,"

Tony grabbed a pair of safety glasses from the table, tossing them to Audelia as she placed them on her face.

"Initializing prismatic accelerator,"

The pair walked up to the wheel that would allow them to aim the stream of power coming out of the system, all while the power began to run around the coils. Their eyes landed on the triangular mold on the other side of the room where they were meant to aim the stream.

Tony placed his hands on the wheel, trying to turn it but it but it wouldn't budge. He looked back to Deli with wide eyes as the power surged higher.

"Approaching maximum power!"

Deli quickly grabbed onto a wrench, tossing it over to Tony as he hooked it onto the wheel and began to turn the stream of power.

"Dell, get behind me!"

The woman moved behind her best friend, her hand instinctively coming to rest on her stomach in a protective manner as Tony moved the stream of power across the room.

The beam moved across the room, cutting through the walls and anything in it's path, leaving a trail of fire burning behind it. Bookcases, cabinets, they all fell over as Tony directed the stream toward their mold awaiting them.

The power finally collided with the mold as Audelia ducked her head, the room lighting up in a low blue color as Tony quickly hit the power button, the light fading as they both popped their heads up to stare across the room at the glowing blue triangle.

Moving together toward it, Tony Stark grabbed a pair of tweezers, picking up the glowing triangle as the pair inspected it together.

"We created a new element," Audelia said, her voice low and soft and full of excitement as she looked at Tony, seeing the same look in his eyes as well.

Placing the new element into the arc reactor, the pair sat back and watched as it glowed a bright, pulsating blue.

"Sir, the reactor has accepted the modified core. I will begin running diagnostics,"

Audelia and Tony shared another smile, the man quickly bringing her into his arms as he held her like his life depended on it, just as she did to him.

◼ ◼ ◼

Probably going to be the only update today guys! I'm going to Shawn Mendes tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!