Chapter 6: Confessions

Izabella.

In my heart, I knew it wasn't true. But I heard his voice. His sweet baritone voice called out my name. I tried to free myself off.

Izabella. Look at me, love.

No. I resisted but I knew I couldn't hold off myself any longer. My vision flooded with his amber eyes and his chiseled face.

"Edward"

In the last three months I hadn't had any thoughts but Jacob. In the last three months I had been unable to breathe freely. Yet...yet tonight was different...

Tonight, I was dreaming and dreaming of someone else. Moreover, the heartache I used to have had vanished out of existence in front of him in this dream of mine. This dream...

I looked around and I was somewhere underneath the endless field of daisies and dandelions in front of the breaking dawn.

Bella, love.

I turned to face him and my soul felt complete once his eyes met mine. Smoldering, his gaze rounded up my plump figure and I breathed in his scent branding my lungs with it. I wanted him to be mine.

"Please."

He only blinked. Bella?

I looked at him again. His face looked torn like I had rejected his confession.

"This is all a dream, Edward."

Soon as I said it his lips quirked up and he closed the distance to meet my lips with the softest of kisses. I couldn't register any taste but the mere contact was soft like a butterfly's wings grazing my skin. I did however feel the chill of his skin. The chill of his lips.

He looked at me lovingly just before I woke up.

Then it is a good dream.

Yes, it was. The best since I remembered the expression in his eyes even in the waking world. This time, I didn't fade. My heart didn't just beat. It skipped a beat when I thought of him. My lungs just didn't breathe in air. It brought the smell of spring and Honeysuckle with it.

After three months of torment...three whole months of torture...

I finally woke up and found myself alive in the real world. I was alive. Alive...for now...

__________________________________

"Did you hear? He's back."

"Who?"

I heard her whisper into Jake's ears like it was a sin. "Edward Cullen."

My heart skipped another beat and immediately I looked at Angela's blushing face. My eyes must've looked like saucers for her to avert her eyes from mine. However, I didn't gauge Jake's reaction much. He was too engrossed in his gossiping new pals to notice me or anyone.

I sighed and moved along to piano class with Mrs. Filigree. My first day and there I was listening to my Jake's girlfriend talk about another boy I used to stalk who was taken if anyone had paid attention!

Anger boiled but I gave it no fuel when I entered Mrs. Filigree's classroom and sat down on a piano putting up sheets of music to get to work. I put up my headphones and started to put up the notes correctly.

Swan Lake. By Tchaikovsky.

My favorite classical opera. Ever.

I played the notes and remembered my encounter with Edward replaying the notes to include the beautiful feelings amongst us in the moment torn. It was moving my hands and my feet in a way I hadn't imagined possible.