Yeah. I can do this.

 I can do this

I did it!!

"Thank you." I say and hang up.

I ordered pizza without screwing up! I didn't stutter!

Hallelujah!

I dance in my place before I hear the doorbell ring. I open it, revealing a slightly wet Calum.

"The rain got you good dude." I chuckle, letting him in and passing him a clean towel for him to dry up. He laughs too and dries himself as he takes off his shoes and comes in. Oh shoot, I didn't say hi! I mentally face palm.

"The storm is crazy." He exclaims. 

...He didn't mind...oh thank god that would've been so awkward.

"So, how can I help?" I ask, plopping on the couch, motioning for him to join me.

"How the hell do I impress her?" He whines like a five year old who just got told they can't eat ice cream for dinner.

"Now I know this might sound cliche," and cringey. "Just be yourself. Aurora already likes you, don't try too hard. She likes simple things rather than extravagant."

"So, no flower bouquet?" He wondered, but then his eyes lit up. "How about a single rose? Would that be better?"

"That would be perfect." I grin at him. "It'd match her costume too, she's going as a fairy princess."

His eyes widen as he gulps, muttering something under his breath.

"What?" I ask, not hearing him well.

"She's gonna look very beautiful and I will be at a lost for words and I'll end up embarrassing myself and she'll hate me and go out with Jake instead-"

I cut off his rambling, "Woah there buddy. You're not gonna embarrass yourself, in fact she'd think you're adorable and giggle and like you more. And no way in hell will she ever go out with Jake."

He sighs in relief, "But why? I mean, Jake has every other girl wrapped around his finger and he seems to be after her..."

I chuckle and shake my head. "Because she's not every other girl. She's seen the real side of him, which is a total ass. She actually hates him with a passion."

"Do you really think I have a chance with her?" He asks nervously.

"I do. But take it slow, this is her first date, she might not be ready for a relationship yet."

He nods understandingly.

We continue talking about her, before we start talking about ourselves, finding out that we have a lot more in common than we thought. 

The doorbell rings and I get up, grabbing the right amount of money and heading to the door. I greet the delivery man and pay him, giving him a tip as well, before thanking him and closing the door.

"You bought pizza?" Calum grinned with a glint in his eyes.

I think pizza is the source of the world's happiness.

"To a new friendship, and possibly a relationship for you." I raise the pizza box.

We laugh and I put it down on the coffee table, going into the kitchen to grab some drinks.

"You like Dr.Pepper?" I call out and he replies with a 'hell yeah'. I chuckle and grab two cans, closing the fridge and plopping down back on the couch, giving him his can as I raise my own after opening it.

"Cheers."

"Cheers."

Clink.

"I can already hear Aurora singing 'bromance' at us." We laugh.

I didn't screw it up. I made a new friend.

Afterwards, we played some video games and talked more about our lives and our mutual hatred for Jake.