xxxi.

leather dreams | chapter thirty one
___

leather dreams | chapter thirty one___

___

"Where are you, Peter?"

Rosalie was pacing around the back area of the quinjet. She had been doing so since the beginning of the ride, trying to link her mind to Peter's and establish a connection between the two. That way, she could speak to him and make sure he was alright.

Her powers had never failed her in that aspect. Whenever she needed to find him, her powers would always successfully find his mind in the endless sea of people that she could sense.

But not now. She couldn't find him.

"What is wrong, cherub?" Nat appeared by her side, worry contorting her already tired features. "Still nothing?"

The trip had taken a toll on all of them. Vision and Wanda had occupied the left seats of the quinjet, while Steve and Rhodey took the ones on the right. Rosalie had been pacing around, stressed.

Steve walked up to the pilot's seat where Sam was piloting the quinjet, instructing him to change the route of flight.

"I can't find Peter anywhere, Nat." The girl rubbed her numbing face, tears threatening to spill from her light-coloured eyes. "What if he's dead?"

"He's not dead." The older woman reassured the teenager. "If he's with Tony, you know that he wouldn't let anything happen to Peter."

Nodding but still feeling helpless and afraid, Rosalie looked up. The quinjet passed through a camouflage force field and into the most beautiful city the girl had ever seen in her life.

When Steve told them about his plans to visit Wakanda, Rosalie had been a bit reticent about it. Steve and his team had fought against their king, and the girl was sure that they weren't exactly welcome there.

Perhaps the mutual respect between Steve and the king had managed to put their differences and conflicts aside.

Earth needs them right now. And earth needs them united.

They arrived at a valley and landed at the airfield outside the palace. Rosalie was in awe at everything, staring from one side to the other and admiring the fantastic view. The tall buildings surrounding the valley were shining in their enormous glory, making the girl feel even smaller than she already was. The architecture was impeccable, huge windows gracing every building around the city.

Rosalie understood exactly why Wakanda was a hidden country. It was too amazing -too grand- for the world to handle.

The king was patiently waiting for them outside, approaching the group as they walked down the platform. Rosalie's boots hit the soft grass underneath her feet, and the girl could feel the soil move with each step she took.