xxvii.

leather dreams | chapter twenty seven
___

leather dreams | chapter twenty seven___

___

Rosalie Evans, nearly 2 years in the future

The city of Queens was oddly calm that afternoon, giving Rosalie a break from her superhero duties. All she had to do was finish her pile of homework and then she was free to sleep for the rest of the weekend.

She smiled as she scribbled on her notebook, completing simple equations she was sure she could piece together in her sleep. Memories of the last two years came to her mind, completely out of nowhere.

Looking up from her notes, her eyes fell on the mirror above her wardrobe. She noticed just how much she changed in the past few years.

Just before everything went down, she was a normal fifteen year old girl, doing her homework and watching romcoms with her best friends. She had a huge crush on her neighbour -who was still as much of a douche as he was in high school- and defended her friends from Flash.

Now, she would be turning seventeen in four months. She was Delusion, the other half of Queen's best superhero duo. Rosalie was dating Peter Parker, her partner in crime fighting, had excellent grades and still watched romcoms with her best friends. The only difference was their best friends' relationship: Michelle Jones and Mary Jane Watson were dating, and would be celebrating their anniversary soon.

Rosalie was no longer the weak girl she used to be, hiding behind Tony Stark's shadow as his 'intern'. She was no longer afraid of using her powers -after discovering that she was, in fact, a mutant changed a lot in her perspective. Now, she could create hurricanes and nightmares the size of two planets, controlling up to twenty people with her powers.

She was, in Tony's words, practically invincible.

Her powers had evolved in the past year and a half, allowing her to expand her senses and link herself to others -mostly the ones close to her, like friends and family. She was able to read their feelings and fears more clearly than before, using both in her favor if need be.

She was powerful, more powerful than she thought.

Smiling at her reflection, Rosalie ran her fingers through her now shoulder-length hair. It wasn't just her powers that changed, her hair was now cut shorter than before and she had even grown a few inches. Her curves stood out, the girl transformed into the body of a woman.

Her body was also adorned with countless scars, marks left by her missions and endless enemies. She wasn't bothered by them, quite the opposite. They told her story, the story of a powerful girl who could do more than the average teenager.