xxviii.

leather dreams | chapter twenty eight
___

leather dreams | chapter twenty eight___

___

"Rose, what do you think of this hat?"

The teenager looked up from the sunglasses she was trying on. Her boyfriend was staring at her with playful eyes, smiling goofily as he had a hat sitting on top of his head. It said 'I love Queens' in bold letters, and the boy was proudly sporting the hat as he strolled around the small shop.

The rest of her friends were scattered around the shop, Michelle and Mary Jane trying on some funny outfits by the back of the place. Ned was following Peter around, both putting on ridiculous hats and modelling them, making fun of each other.

Rosalie was trying to find the perfect pair of sunglasses, that being the third shop they visited because of her. She simply couldn't find a pair that fit her face perfectly.

So I must continue my restless search. 

Their class was going to visit the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, their bus leaving the next morning and the trip lasting for three days. They had decided to shop for new items so they could -according to the MJ's- travel in style.

Rosalie smiled at Peter, pulling the hat down to cover his smirking face. The boy yelped, stepping back in surprise but still sporting a playful smile on his face.

"You look ridiculous." She laughed, putting on the sunglasses she had been staring at. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful." Peter took a step forward, holding her face in between his hands. "As always."

Rosalie could feel herself melting at his words, smiling up at him and leaning forward to press their lips together. The words 'I love you' were so close to erupting from her lips that it scared her.

The moment simply didn't feel right.

Someone coughed behind the pair as their lips brushed, ruining their blissful moment. Both turning back to look at Ned with killer glares, Rosalie sighed.

"We better get going, the shop closes in ten minutes for their lunch break." Ned shrugged and left the couple behind, annoyed looks on their faces.

"Why can't we have a little privacy?" Peter sighed and rested his forehead on hers. "Is it too much to ask?"

Pecking his lips, the girl guided him out of the small shop, earning a scowl from the owner as they did so. The group was walking down the street before separating near the corner of Peter's apartment.