v.

leather dreams | chapter five
___

leather dreams | chapter five___

___

Rosalie poured a cup of black tea inside her favourite mug, waiting for her mother's call. She had received a text message from her father the night before, warning her that her mother needed to call her as soon as she woke up. As a consequence of this vague message, Rosalie didn't sleep at all the entire night and became gradually more frustrated as the hours went by.

In order to be more productive, she laid down on her bed and read a book. It always managed to shake her mind and put her brain to work. If she couldn't get her beauty sleep, she would at least do something useful. She refused to mop around and get in a bad mood.

Her eyes closed in delight when the soft, warm liquid descended her throat. She loved tea as much as other people loved coffee. It was her favourite drink in the whole world and it always managed to calm her spirits.

But the calmness didn't last long. Her phone rang and she knew it was her mother calling. What she didn't know was why. Her parents never warned her hours before calling, they simply did. It didn't matter what time it was or if she was fast asleep, they would call and talk. This was the first time they ever warned her in advance.

Something was clearly wrong.

"Hello?" She answered the call in apprehension.

"Hi, sweetie." The comforting sound of her mother's voice came from the other side of the call. "How are you?"

"Good, but I miss you guys."

"We know... Honey, there's something we have to tell you." Her mother hesitated before continuing. "Your father and I are so close to finding out how to recreate the metal used in Captain America's shield, it's a scientific outbreak! And we must stay here for a few more weeks, even months, to continue our research and-"

"Months?" Rosalie's trembling voice betrayed her emotions. "What do you mean months? I-I need you here."

"Oh honey." Her father's voice sounded muffled, as if he was standing far away from the phone but still listening to the conversation. "It's going to be our biggest achievement yet, it will give us the recognition we need to get a better position inside Tony's company."

"What about me?" Rosalie felt the tears running down her face but didn't make a move to wipe them away. "Am I not important enough?"

"Rosalie, this doesn't sound like you at all. What is wrong with you?" Her mother had the audacity to ask.

It was then that Rosalie's patience came to an end. She was tired of being tossed aside and excluded from her parents' life. She was tired of being replaced by science and progress and their stupid little jobs.