10| Truth

It's been about three day's since Percy and I have come up to Jefferson, Elle and Scar had come the day after we did and we have all been hanging out again

I haven't given my mom an answer about going back to Australia, I don't think I can handle it if I saw any of them back there. 

"Hey, can we talk?" Elle asked, 

"sure,"

"as you know I went to Jefferson a few summers ago," she paused

"ya, go on,"

"well, I lied when I told you I didn't hear anything about you or meet Ace," 

"what?" I asked

"I did meet Ace" she hesitates, "and Leah,"

"oh," I felt my heart stop, I wanted to cry. 

"There is more," she put her hand on my knee to comfort me, "I won't tell you if you don't want me to,"

I nodded for her to continue, "Leah and Ace are together, and I went to a party of Aces because the mentor I had invited me and I also heard a rumour, I don't want to tell you this but Ace got drunk and told me and my mentor that Leah and him planned your guys' date and it was her idea to take advantage of you," 

I couldn't handle it, it was all too much to take in right now, my heart was beating so fast, I felt like I couldn't breathe, 

"Emery, just breathe, calm down," I heard someone say but it wasn't Elle or Percy who I had seen enter the room moments before I blacked out. 

~~

"she is overwhelmed," 

"I knew I shouldn't have told her," 

"It's not your fault, it's Ace's, he did this to her. He should be in jail but she isn't strong enough to face him,"

I overheard Percy and Elle talking, they didn't know I was awake yet. It hurt to know that Percy doesn't think I am strong enough, but I know he is right.

"What is going on?" I ask interrupting their conversation.

"are you ok? do you need anything?" Percy rushed to my side. 

I shook my head no and laid back down, my head felt like it was going to explode as all the information Elle had told me came rushing back into my memory.

"don't cry," Percy told me as he whipped a tear from my cheek with his thumb, I couldn't help but flinch. 

I saw the hurt expression flash across his face and I jumped back. 

"I'm sorry," I apologized, it was like all progress I have made with human contact has been reset. 

~~

"Em, I know you don't want to hear this but I think you should go back to Australia," Percy announced,

"why?" I didn't understand why Percy would want me to go back, 

"I think you need to face Ace, maybe that will give you enough strength to put him in prison," 

"No," 

"em, please just listen to me," He stepped towards me and I back away, "see, you can't even be close to me anymore, this is his doing, he deserves to be in prison. I am just trying to help you. I love you,"

"what if it makes it worse?" I ask

"it won't" 

"but what if it does?" 

"I promise you it won't" he pleaded, "please just go, I will come with you,"

"Only if you come," I agreed

~~~

the next morning I told my mom that I was going to Australia and that Percy was coming. I started packing the next day and we left for Australia, I was scared and overwhelmed, I had three panic attacks on the plane. 

I was not ready for what was about to come, but I didn't have a choice. 

___

so here is another chapter I wrote before I got unmotivated, it's kinda exciting and kinda horrible at the same time but here it is anyway!