Part 4

I was still so thrown off by my dads reappearance, i guess Ponyboy noticed because he wrapped his arm around me."it'll be ok". he said smiling rubbing my arm and back. i smiled, but my mind was still filled with thoughts of fear of what my dad might do. Pony led me out of the DX, we walked home silently watching the sunset, we both admired watching the sunset. once we got home the whole gang was there."How was your birthday #2 together?".  Johnny asked as he his smile faded noticing i was shaking."Her dad saw us and chased us, we got away but Maddie's shaken up from it".  Confusion grew on their faces."Where did he come from, its been years and we haven't seen him?". Darry asked setting dinner down on the table."I don't know but I'm just scared of what he's gonna do now that he saw me, I wish he would just die!". I began to cry, i ran to my room and screamed in my pillow. The door slowly opened, i didn't bother to turn and see who it was but whoever it was massaged my back. I felt much better so i finally turned to see Ponyboy smiling."Better?". he said in a soft voice while stroking my hair."Yes, thank you Pony". I said as i hugged him tight, he kept massaging my back."You ready to eat?". he helped me up and wiped the tears off my face. We headed downstairs and they all looked at me but i saw Pony mouth something at them and they looked away. I was still lost in thoughts but then a different thought popped into my mind remembering this morning at the park with Ponyboy, I blushed thinking about it, i tried covering my cheeks but Pony noticed, i think he knew what i was blushing about because he blushed after looking at me and he immediately looked away. So now all of my thoughts turned to about Ponyboy, which was better than it was before."What are you two blushing about?". two bit said  raising his eye brows while giggling." Nothing". We both said at the same time."I'm gonna go to bed now". I said getting up while rubbing my eyes.

  My eyes jerked open when i heard a beer bottle break outside of my window. My heart skipped a beat, i was so scared i couldn't move."WHERE ARE YOU, YOU LITTLE BITCH!?!?". that was when i jumped up and immediately ran to Darrys room."Help my dads outside my window!!!".  I said shaking Darry awake. He jumped grabbing his switchblade. i ran to pony room to make sure my dad wasn't trying through that window."Pony wake up my dads outside, lets hide". i said as he woke up instantly grabbing his blade as well."You hide ill wake soda to make sure he's ok then i'll join you". he ran out of the room to soda, i ran to my room where Darry was and grabbed my blade too and heard my dad still by the window screaming cuss words." Go hide now Maddie!". Darry insisted when i came in. I ran into the kitchen and hid under the table began to cry in anger, questioning how my dad knew i was here. Just then Pony whispered as loud but as quiet as he could from the living room."Maddie where are you?". i turned and saw him searching through the dark squinting."Over here!" i whispered, he quickly ran over and sat next to me and saw that i was crying and hugged me, i cried on his shoulder for 10 minutes till Darry came down and told us he saw my dad stumble off down the street."i got to go get Johnny so he doesn't get him since he's drunk and Johnny's sleeping at the lot tonight". Darry grabbed his coat quickly and ran out the door."We outta keep hiding just in case he comes back and Darry isn't here". He sat down next to me and rubbed my back.

The door opened 20 minutes later, i turned to see Johnny with a black eye. i jumped up."WHAT HAPPENED!?!". I said clenching my fist hoping to god  my dad didn't do this."Don't worry it wasn't your dad it was a soc". Darry grinder his teeth then he turned to Johnny."You sleep here now, I can't stand seeing you beat up like this". Darry said as his voice broke. I jumped up and grabbed ice and placed it on Johnnys face, he smiled at me and i returned it. Im glad that he'll be staying here so i don't have to worry about him every night, i was ok until i remembered that now my dad knows where i am. i Began to panic and again pony wrapped his arms around me, i rested my head on his shoulder , then he rested his on mine we soon both fell asleep.