extra - dos

four years later

"what are we doing here?" jack questioned as he inspected the area of ​​the almost empty field.

they were sitting at one of the picnic tables just the two of them.

zach was sweating, he didn't know if it was a good idea to do this, but he was already there and he wasn't going to back down. zach dean herron is not a coward.

"do you remember how you met me?" asked zach.

jack's head turned very fast, zach had to bite his lower lip to control the smile. he tilted to approach zach and one of his eyebrows rises with coquetry. "in social media. i didn't like you at first."

zach laughed. "thank you." his tone was complete sarcasm. "well, i'm glad it's not like that now. i brought you here because..." the young boy paused and took a deep breath, his nerves began to invade him. jack noticed that he surrounded him with his right arm and placed his hand on zach's back.

"yare you okay, handsome?" the worry in jack's voice calmed zach a little.

the brunet boy looked at him from under my eyelashes and smiled at him. jack had changed a lot physically, had left the curls and had straight hair again with the tips dyed purple. zach didn't care because he knew he would like him anyway.

there was nothing that could look bad in jack avery.

zach nodded. i shouldn't be afraid, it was just jack. jack sweet avery.

a few months ago he took him to the fair, a fair that had been held in the field where they were at that time, bought cotton candy, got on the roller coaster and played in the stalls, zach failed all the shots, jack blew up a balloon and won a prize. they were joking because he asked the manager for two toy rings, since it wasn't enough for anything else, but the fun left zach's body when he realized that one of the rings was an engagement ring, a real one.

and then jack got serious and zach panicked, so the young ran away.

zach didn't know how to react. he became hysterical.

he went to the bathroom to calm down, he needed to be alone, and jack waited for him outside. they talked to him and zach told him he wasn't ready.

jack didn't bother, he didn't claim zach anything, on the contrary, he said he would wait for him to be ready.

the moment would have been incredible and romantic if zach had been prepared, that day zach locked himself in his room and began to cry. he didn't let any of the band talk to him. what the hell was wrong with me?

he had rejected the man he loved because he felt he was still an immature child, and he was terrified that jack would realize it.

then he made a list:

1. i have a stable job and many goals

2. i make my own decisions

3. i am responsible. well more or less.

4. i know who i am and what i want.

5. i analyze before acting. except that day at the fair... for obvious reasons.