treinta y seis

the next morning zach had breakfast with his little sister and decided that the best thing after the conversation the night before with jack was to go back to the boys' house.

when he arrived, he looked for jack so that things wouldn't be as uncomfortable as yesterday, but he couldn't find him. so the boy sat on the couch and put on his headphones while looking at some instagram posts of the fans.

he had been listening to music for a short time when he felt a small touch on his shoulder. zach raised his head expecting to meet one of the boys but instead he found gabbie.

gabbie gonzalez was again in his house.

this starts to be annoying, zach thought.

gabbie looked at him with a frown and quite serious.

zach took off his headphones and waited for gabbie to say something.

"can we talk?" asked the girl with curly hair. to which zach nodded, although the least he wanted to do was chat with her.

someone once told you that the worst conversations begins when someone asks if you can talk with them in a serious way.

zach writhed uncomfortably on the couch, he didn't know how to face this awkward conversation. in front of him was gabbie gonzalez looking perfect as always.

zach stared at her because he had no idea what gabbie might want to talk to him about.

gabbie cleared her throat and sighed, her shoulders dropped and she looked nervous. all that only made zach feel even more stressed.

"i'm a little nervous, i'm sorry." gabbie whispered.

zach's forehead wrinkled, is she going to cry? i hope not. the only tears that i tolerate right now are emma's, zach thought.

"okay, tell me what's wrong."

her dark eyes stop at zach's, for some reason zach felt that he wasn't going to like what gabbie wanted to say, so he jumped to his feet thinking he should escape.

"we could better leave it for another time, i remembered that i have to study for an exam that i have next week." zach was lying, he had exams three weeks ago and he wouldn't have the final for a few months but at that moment it was the best excuse to flee from that terrible situation.

zach began to walk towards the stairs to go to his room but gabbie wasn't going to let him go so easily.

"zach." exclaimed gabbie.

at that time zach prayed to himself for jack to appear jack save him from his friend.

he didn't want to talk to her because every time i saw her the only thing he could think about was the obstacles that she put between him and jack.

but a hand closed on his elbow and stopped him before going up the stairs, zach stood still while he waited for gabbie to stand in front of him

"look, i'll be quick, i promise, in five minutes you'll be free to study." said gabbie, hearing puppy eyes.

"okay." zach muttered.