tres

"what?" said jack with a broken voice.

gabbie felt bad listening to him. she had never wanted to hurt him but there was no way to go back in time and do things right. this was her only option.

besides, it was the best for jack.

"i think i should leave you two to talk about this." said val getting up. she felt uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.

val knew this would happen. but she didn't know what it was going to be in front of her.

"no, don't go." gabbie said refusing to face this alone.

"but... why?" asked jack frowning.

the curly haired boy didn't care if valentina was there with them or not. val had always been there for him, supporting him, so there were no secrets between them.

gabbie shook her head. she didn't know how to answer that question. "i just... i don't know, i think this isn't going to work anymore."

jack didn't understand why suddenly their relationship wasn't going to work. and why did she tell him when he comes back?

hadn't she been able to tell him before?

"but..."

before jack went back to find a way to fix it, gabbie interrupted him expressing how she felt and breaking jack's heart.

"jack, i don't love you, i'm sorry."

it could sound like a botch. it might seem that gabbie was a stupid egoistic girl. but it wasn't like that. gabbie had spent months looking for ways to break up with jack and not hurting him. and she never found the perfect moment not even the perfect words.

she had spent months hiding her feelings. and she wanted to feel free. she wanted to be free to say who she really love.

because yes, gabbie had fallen in love with someone while jack was in the invitation tour. and she knew that person felt the same.

jack on the other hand was speechless. this was not what was expected when he returned home.

he felt sad. he felt very sad. and he needed someone at that time.

and even if he didn't have a gabbie, he knew who to turn to.

ΩΩΩ

zach.

jack needed zach.

the young boy always managed to make time for jack, so the curly-haired boy didn't hesitate to go to him and tell him his problem.

what he didn't know was that zach was happy about what was happening to him.

"i already knew that between you and gabbie there wasn't much future." zach said without thinking very well about the words he was saying. "i didn't know how to tell you that trying to fix youe relationship was just nonsense."

zach wasn't realizing the damage he was doing.

"good thing, it's over." he said again zach.