treinta y uno

i am deaf? i went crazy? am i living in a parallel world where jack is asking me to be his boyfriend? when will the cameras come out to catch me falling into the joke?

zach stood looking at jack's brown eyes and hoping he was calm enough to respond. but being calm in a situation like that was practically impossible.

"w-what?"

jack smiled at the confusion on zach's face because he though he looked so cute and tightened his grip around zach so that he couldn't escape without answering. and it was as if jack had read his mind because zach just wanted to run and hide his red face.

zach placed his hands on jack's shoulders, trying to get away from him as much as possible. for some reason zach felt that he could not breathe. since when am i claustrophobic?

"i think you listened very well, handsome."

jack approached slowly again as zach leaned back. "i think that we shouldn't..."

and despite zach's answer, jack looked pretty funny. he though it was a joke. zach was very angry with him, he didn't want him to like it that way, he didn't want his attitude or his behavior to affect him.

he was so eager to tell and vent to him, he didn't even know why he approached him that morning when he saw how he let gabbie enter in his room.

zach thought he was stupid for rethinking the idea that jack would leave her for him.

zach felt at that moment how jack ripped his heart out and trampled him in front of him.

however, he also felt stupid for feeling so upset, after all, the girl has been his friend for a long time.

there was a part of zach, the one who though of fairy tales and princes, who wanted to kiss him and say yes, but there was the other part, that which was very spiteful and dramatic.

zach wasn't excited, just nervous and sad. very sad.

jack didn't seem to see that what he needed least was a zach relationship to show that he feels something for him. at this point what zach didn't know was if jack really cared for him or if jack was just doing this because he didn't want to be alone.

sometimes he would like to be more like jonah, he would know how to boss a guy who didn't decide.

zach was more of the guy who did stupid things.

"could you give me some space, jack?" zach asked, seriously, it even sounded a bit annoying.

jack's brow furrowed, but finally he nodded before taking his arms away of zach. although jack didn't move away, so zach had to take a step back to put distance between them.

"why did you ask me this? do you think it's a good time for us? i am not a complicated boy, actually i think i'm pretty easy. but i'm not stupid."

jack was confused, he didn't understand what zach wanted to tell him.

"don't pretend to cover my eyes and blind me when it is too obvious that you are still in love with gabbie. if you're in love with someone, you do not go and ask another person to be your boyfriend." zach talked again.

just then zach's phone rang in his pocket. that made him release a sigh feeling a little more relieved and at that moment he reads the name on his screen. it was mark, his friend.

zach hang up the call and decides that after speaking with jack he will call him. then zach raised his gaze and contemplated the impassive face gestures of jack. his pupils were stuck in zach's, he didn't even blink.

i doubt he's looking at me, i suppose he's immersed in his thoughts, the youngest thought.

"listen, jack, i like you and it's great that you like me..." zach grimaced and though about the next words he was about to say. "however, i don't think we're ready to have a relationship."

zach didn't let him speak, he strode away from him and left the park behind as his whole body trembled. his heart was crazy and his eyes were watery. but above all he felt broken.

zach had rejected his crush.

===
word count: 723

ik, you may hate me right now.

𝓌𝑒𝓉 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈